problem with using FPSGun

BadMasterUA

I think what you need to do is what i show in my video. Add a pivot, adjust it to the tip of the barrel of the gun and name that pivot "muzzle". Make that pivot a child of the gun so that it follows the gun or look throught all the parts of that model of the gun in the model editor (double click it in the asset browser) and see if there is some point made at the barrels end and rename it as the muzzle.

In the script provided by josh with the DLC weapons pack, it is looking for the muzzle tip in order for it to create the flash of the gun firing and create the "bullet".

Hopefully this helps but take a few minutes and watch my video. It just might help.

Please let us know if you get this resolved.

• Upvote 1

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

I think what you need to do is what i show in my video. Add a pivot, adjust it to the tip of the barrel of the gun and name that pivot "muzzle". Make that pivot a child of the gun so that it follows the gun or look throught all the parts of that model of the gun in the model editor (double click it in the asset browser) and see if there is some point made at the barrels end and rename it as the muzzle.

In the script provided by josh with the DLC weapons pack, it is looking for the muzzle tip in order for it to create the flash of the gun firing and create the "bullet".

Hopefully this helps but take a few minutes and watch my video. It just might help.

Please let us know if you get this resolved.

Thanks so yes it is, now think how to make what the player had more than one weapon and that it would have been possible to select

I think the player can carry as many different weapons as you place into the scene. Ive carried 5 at once and just scrolled through them with the mouse wheel. Id limit the actual nimber of weapons the player could carry at one time if I knew how. . . .

I think 2 is fine but possibly 3 would work as long as its one of 3 classes so a knife, a pistol and a heavy or primary weapon. would be really nice to set it up if the player picked up another weapon of the same class, the first weapon dropped onto the ground and could be retreived but its all in the scripting of which I cant do so Ill have to hit up some friends for that :)

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,