[Fixed] Can't Look / Orbit in Perspective View? + Debug Mode Problem

SylenthX

Hello Everyone! I recently purchased the Indie Edition of Leadwerks off of Steam, and have been enjoying it. I noticed that I can't orbit / look around in the perspective editor, unlike the documentation says. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that when I try to use "Debug" mode, I only get the script editor window, and no game appears. Anyone else?

Welcome to the community!

For you first question, you can look around the world you create by holding down the right mouse button and moving your mouse in the perspective view. As far as orbiting (looking at a 3D point while moving around it), I don't think this is possible automatically, although I might be wrong.

I would avoid using debug mode whenever possible. People seem to get confused for when to use it. I think that's its main purpose is to allow for exceptions to occur and not end the program (essentially exception handling), so I would avoid using it for right now. It also runs very slow.

If you do need to use it in the future for some reason, please file a bug report and post relevant assets (like code) so that Josh can better diagnose this. As far as I know, I haven't seen this error before, but it may be glitch, or it might be an issue with the code, it's too hard to tell.

Welcome to the community!

For you first question, you can look around the world you create by holding down the right mouse button and moving your mouse in the perspective view. As far as orbiting (looking at a 3D point while moving around it), I don't think this is possible automatically, although I might be wrong.

I would avoid using debug mode whenever possible. People seem to get confused for when to use it. I think that's its main purpose is to allow for exceptions to occur and not end the program (essentially exception handling), so I would avoid using it for right now. It also runs very slow.

If you do need to use it in the future for some reason, please file a bug report and post relevant assets (like code) so that Josh can better diagnose this. As far as I know, I haven't seen this error before, but it may be glitch, or it might be an issue with the code, it's too hard to tell.

I have tried holding RMB and it is not working. Help?

Here are some suggestions as to why this may not work (yes the first suggestion is kind of obvious, but just want to check, and if it isn't obvious, then there should be clearer documentation on this):

• You need to hold your mouse over the perspective window while doing this
  • You have a full-screen shader that shouldn't be a full-screen shader

What does your project look like? Could you maybe post a screenshot? If it's just a blank project, then you can just say that.

Here are some suggestions as to why this may not work (yes the first suggestion is kind of obvious, but just want to check, and if it isn't obvious, then there should be clearer documentation on this):

• You need to hold your mouse over the perspective window while doing this
  • You have a full-screen shader that shouldn't be a full-screen shader

What does your project look like? Could you maybe post a screenshot? If it's just a blank project, then you can just say that.

Blank Project.

Ok, I don't really know what's going on then. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. sad.png

Your best bet is to either file a bug report or speak to Josh directly, which might be more appropriate here since you don't seem to know what is causing this and it seems like an isolated case since I haven't heard of this before.

Edit: What graphics card are you using btw?

Ok, I don't really know what's going on then. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. sad.png

Your best bet is to either file a bug report or speak to Josh directly, which might be more appropriate here since you don't seem to know what is causing this and it seems like an isolated case since I haven't heard of this before.

Edit: What graphics card are you using btw?

NVIDIA GeForce 650M

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue of right click not doing anything other than opening the context menu in the perspective view, even with a blank scene. Tried un/re-installing and unfortunately that did not solve anything here. I have an nVidia 680M

I am having the same issue of right click not doing anything other than opening the context menu in the perspective view, even with a blank scene. Tried un/re-installing and unfortunately that did not solve anything here. I have an nVidia 680M

Try reinstalling multiple times. That did it for me.