TrafficWerks: A traffic system for Leadwerks

Features:

-Almost any type of road imaginable is possible

-Performance stays roughly constant no matter how many roads there are

-Adaptive turning means vehicles are less likely to miss turns

-Vehicles react to obstacles in front of them including other vehicles

Upcoming:

-Better turning

-Traffic lights (they are completed, but I have to reorganize the script or provide light models or something)

-Road prefabs

-Multi-lane roads

-Variable speed limits

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=364622139

• Upvote 3

This is just perfect!

Got one question tho, I got the Leadworks software yesterday after spending couple of hours on the demo version, so i'm not that familiar with all the stuff yet. But do you know why I have a box on the vehicles and a round circle as well in the middle of the vehicle, like this: http://puu.sh/dVyQx/bb685c3f72.jpg

Went through some options, enabled/disabled stuff but that did not seem to do the trick. I did some code changes but none that should put boxes on vehicle... I think.

Hi Rolandd, I think you are missing the invisible.mat material (which you may have deleted) or you deleted that part in the code. There should be a box generated in the code to allow for faster raycasting. I don't really know where that smaller and taller box in the middle of the vehicle is coming from though. Maybe that's something you put in?

NP diedir!

@Rolandd

I looked again at my code, and it turns out I was missing a line in the app_dot_lua_header.lua file. I uploaded the new code to Workshop.

This needs to be a global variable in App.lua, like the rest of app_dot_lua_header.lua:

invisibletexture=c:Load("Materials/Effects/Invisible.mat")

Haha, np. You can change the mass distributions in the editor. Go to View->Show Physics and then click on the monster truck. You'll see an orange box around it, and under the Physics tab under the Scene tab, you can edit the size of the box as well as the mass.