Droid planet

YouGroove

Yes, i like to put pressure on me laugh.png, i plan some hours and give me the goal to be the most productive possible.

Personnaly, i think when you have blocked a basic gameplay, you should bring as much 3D art possible as you can and make good level design.

If you want to appeal and attract players they will look at your graphics and level complexity before gameplay refinments.

Last one of the day : Floor energy extraction facility.

extraction.jpg

Some assets needed next :

- bigger flying drone with heavy weapons

- robot human like with special weapons and movements

- some more buildings

- tower observatory and radar

- facility built on a cliff wall

- military depot weapons and ammo

- space ship heliport.

- deocrative outdoor Sic Fi modular assets

For indoors :

- Sci Fi computers calculators

- energy robot station recharger

- washing station for robots

- painting and maintainance station

- cleaning robot

- maintainance robot

- indoor boxes to stock things inside

- energy containers

- floor ressources containers

- indoor defense turrets

- indoor laser mines

Later i'll add for some non robot regions some human Sci Fi building ruins and all stuff.

• Upvote 1

Stop toying and make games

overview : Spy drone will fly and will communicate such strategic view to the player

(some powerfull ennemies and other fast ones patroling that you will have to avoid at game beginning)

level3.jpg

Level approach

level1.jpg

Inside robot camp

level2.jpg

Still looks very empty , all textures, terrain, models are wip.

- vegetation needed

- roads and barriers

- rocks and cliffs to replace terrain ones

- bigger buildings

- crane mechanism

- transport vehicles

- more outdoor assets

After some level tests, i think i will perhaps change the game from TPS arcade to something more hardcore and more infiltration (project IGI, Metal Gear)

• Upvote 3

You should consider selling some models especially if/when you can sell them through leadwerks/steam.

We'll see if i have time as i'm in many things already , but people could put some picture about indoor/outdoor assets they would be interested in some 3D pack, me or someone else could make them perhaps.

Back to modeling i got Unwrap in Blender working bad, i forgot i had to select the object and apply scale,location,rotation.

Some tips for 3D painting :

When the model is complicated models and composed of multiple sub objects i just duplicate it,

so the model for painting is composed of two copies :

- one complete or almost assembled : to view how it looks on the final model as you paint

- one with all individual pieces spread in space for easy painting

So as you paint individual pieces, you just move the camera to take a look at the complete model to see how it will look on it.

paint.jpg

When painting is done, you just remove the "flaoting model" and keep the final assembled model, and save your model file.

I can understand wanting paint to make it look better.. But would a robotic civilisation really care about estetics? And if so would they so closely resemble our own? Just some thing to ponder

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

I thaught making first robots and assets like a old robots civilization , while they would look more advanced as you progress and discover new regions on the game.

It could be sphere shapes , i could use one color only and some environment dirt. You are free to make 3D art like you want.

You are welcome if you have interesting art pictures.

Another less conventionnal

system5.png

It's taking shape (middle body of the dog is synthetic, like rubber envelopping mechanics and wires inside , a part that can bend easy)

shaping5.jpg

HL2 smile.png

Episode 1

looks like your making a good amount of progress happy.png also I loved the sharp edge style cyber dog

Processor: AMD A6-3420M APU integrated Radeon HD Graphics 1.50 GHz