Droid planet

YouGroove

I needed to make one for prorotyping droids AI that will fire at you, so i took some character and some other weapon from LT3D for testing purpose (because all is mainly ripped from games)

test.jpg

Blender is so cool and fast for characters :

- Auto Rig

- Attach weapon to bone

- Copy and symmetry a pose of animation

- IK to quickly make smooth animations.

It really worth learning it.

Stop toying and make games

Sketching ideas for the spider droid

spider.jpg

Some features :

- detect the player from bigger distances

- fast movement

- hard to target : don't stay a lot in line of fire

- Come out from traps on floor or walls and can use them to hide again and recover some shield or auto repair some amount.

How many triangles is the low poly version?

3536 faces - 6130 Triangles , it's not low poly , just standard polycount for current gen games.

There is lot of unecessary faces that can be optimized, specially in small zones like foot or others not very visible by the player.

Otherwise if you use LOD in game and manage gameplay to have a maximum of 5 such models it should be ok.

Great work YG

Thanks Shadmar, PBR works great for metal based models, i'll try the metal shader i made in LE3 to see if i can have similar reflective results.

im wondering how many guys here actually, are same just maybe shy to do any exposure..

LE3 is getting better and better each time as many missing things has been added throught time like animation names, encrypted publishing, physic shapes import, now water is coming and the best is yet to come smile.png

So there is already many 3D art skilled people using LE3 from long time , and i think we will see more and more talented people coming and using LE3, some with publishing a game as goal also.