Droid planet

YouGroove

I made PBR effect Animated version.

It looks really good,i'm suprised no one using it for strong metal like weapons for example.

i'll upload PBR Effect shader files to the workshop is someone is interested.

droid3_Metal.jpg

Textures looks a bit strange , it's not the shader but a problem with normal map import in LE3.

It's so good to have some approximative PBR effect, it changes your metal based assets look radically.

Stop toying and make games

I made PBR effect Animated version.

It looks really good,i'm suprised no one using it for strong metal like weapons for example.

i'll upload PBR Effect shader files to the workshop is someone is interested.

droid3_Metal.jpg

Textures looks a bit strange , it's not the shader but a problem with normal map import in LE3.

It's so good to have some approximative PBR effect, it changes your metal based assets look radically.

oh yes very much groove

Processor: AMD A6-3420M APU integrated Radeon HD Graphics 1.50 GHz

It is available for static models , but nobody uses it laugh.png

----------------------

Trying to figure out what will be the best gameplay and view ?

tps_Fps.jpg

is the current one would be fine to use say for non-animated physic props?

btw we do need dat animated version as well groove

also can't you do both TP, and FP, like have a TP player model viewable in FP like in the duke nukem forever game? (i know a bad example, it was just one of few games that has it)

is the current one would be fine to use say for non-animated physic props?

New update :

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/10215-contribution-metal-shader-for-le3/

also can't you do both TP, and FP, like have a TP player model viewable in FP like in the duke nukem forever game? (i know a bad example, it was just one of few games that has it)

I don't know, it's not very important, but i'll stay with one view only, and i will keep the game as most simple as possible as a side project.

It will be hard to find enought time to work on it , as i'm working as 3D artist in a small indie team using another 3D engine, and i'm also trying to finish two other mobiles games (3d and 2D), so i'm really fully occupied laugh.png

For medium to bigger games, honestly i prefer to work in a team and not solo, as you can concentrate one some domain only while other work on their own, and the game grows very fast. Otherwise it takes ages to produce all content and gameplay alone if you target detailled world and quality with advanced gameplay.

• Upvote 1

Yes, i'm just surprised people not using this metal shader effect for weapons and indoor/outdoor textures ?

looksgood.jpg

I added a light motion blurr and it makes the game looks even more good, more next gen.

This is starting to come together nicely. Will be interesting to see your ideas for level design.

I hope to have good ideas for level design ? we'll see.

This game is a side project, but it could become a good advert for LE3 engine wink.png

Yes, i'm just surprised people not using this metal shader effect for weapons and indoor/outdoor textures ?

actually I am experimenting with that , and different model's with the scfi contruction kit and other textures , it's great so far groove

• Upvote 1

actually I am experimenting with that , and different model's with the scfi contruction kit and other textures , it's great so far groove

That's cool.

It's not easy perhaps as Sci Fi pack was not made or painted in a PBR way ? Post a screenshot when if you have a good result

Don't forget to invert the roughtness map grey colors in a painting program, so your model will look close enought to the original. It's not a real PBR shader, and experimenting i found that the metalness has bigger impact on how the model will look in LE3 than the roughness map. It's up to you to test it.

• 2 weeks later...