Castielle19FT

A newbie here for some answers.

Hello. I am new here. I recently bought Leadwerks software. It didn't worked on my old hardware. I have an ATI HD4850 graphics card and other parts of my computer are old too. I built it around 2008. An old three core phenom proccesor and 4 gigabytes of ddr2 ram. It's old I know but I thought it can be good enough for Leadwerks. Well I was wrong. My graphics card isn't supporting OpenGL 4 requirement. So here is my question: if I buy a cheap graphics card can it run on that card? I am considering to buy a cheap Nvidia GT 630 graphics card. It supports OpenGL 4.2 (http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-630/specifications)

You may wonder why I choose a cheap GT 630. Well I wish i can afford to buy GTX 750 TI but i am broke. So here is my plan. I have a dated computer. I will buy a cheap GPU and I will work on Leadwerks with this junk hardware. But when i create something interesting i will export it for testing on different machine. My cousin has a new computer which has FX 6300 six core proccesor, 8 gigabytes ddr3 ram and R9 280 graphiics card.

What do you think about this plan? I must say I don't know anything about this software becouse I couldn't run yet. But I think it looks awesome. And I want to learn it. So please help me.

Before finishing my post I want to ask another question. I bought Leadwerks on windows machine with Steam discount. On steam page I saw Linux logo. My last question is If i install a Linux distro on my old machine can I install Leadwerks on linux too? If this is possible which linux distro you suggest?

(Sorry for my bad English. I hope you understand what i am saying.)

I have gtx 560 and it runs just fine. The Ai tutorial level for instance has a solid 80 fps (vsync enabled) :)

Although it can't hurt to have a more powerful testing machine, you will actually have an advantage with an older card. Because you know that people who have an older computer can run the game with 'older' hardware.

If you install Linux (note that Ubuntu is the only officially supported linux distro) and steam, you can download Leadwerks for it as well since it is crossplatform.

And your English is good btw.

Thanks for the answer. But I must say you have a very good card. First of all it's a GTX not a GT and it's a GTX x60 card. All x60 cards are great. GTX 960, GTX 760, GTX 660 etc. I wish I have one of them. My card will be an entrance level card. I guess it's worse than any of Intel GPU's. sad.png As you mentioned before at least I will have some advantages while working on an old computer. Well I hope It can be good enough for designing process.

Thanks again. smile.png I will buy it tomorrow. I hope everything goes well.

I have a AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon HD Graphics (1.50 GHz) Yea I know that is not great , but it at least works fine for leadwerks and I can play most games. with it (Guess I have a bit of an advantage to for older computer's to run my games.)