LUA compile?

MarkusR

now i run my game and my player script is not up to date.

seems it not compiled. how is this possible?

i put some infos at screen, they not appear.

maybe this is a combination of crash at export game.

i will restart pc.

very strange, restart pc not helped.

my solution, save map under new name, run.

script is up to date.

load my work in progress map.

script is up to date and i can edit there as usual, stay up to date at start.

PC : Win 10 Pro 64 Bit , 4x cores ~2 GHz , 8 GB RAM , AMD R7 265

2D : Photoline , Zooner Photo Studio 13 , Art Rage Studio 3.5.4 , Ashampoo Snap 7 , ...

3D : Shade 15 Basic , Carrara 8.5 & DAZ Studio 4.8 , Cheetah 3D 6.3.2 , Via Cad 8

Music : Samplitude Music Studio , Music Creator 7

IDE : Leadwerks Engine 3.x , Unity 5.x , (Unreal 4.8.x) , AGK v2.x , Construct 2 , (Clickteam Fusion 2.5) , ShiVa 1.9 , Game Maker Studio , MS Visual Studio .Net , Android Studio , Monkey , ...

there was no error, the engine used a temporary compiled older script and not my saved one.

i had add a print row and the output not appear on screen and i wonder why.

means i does not see my changes in script at run game, really.

then i saved the map with new name start it and it was ok.

switch back to my normal wip map it was ok also.

it happens only once for me so don't care but please wrote a note.

2D : Photoline , Zooner Photo Studio 13 , Art Rage Studio 3.5.4 , Ashampoo Snap 7 , ...

3D : Shade 15 Basic , Carrara 8.5 & DAZ Studio 4.8 , Cheetah 3D 6.3.2 , Via Cad 8

IDE : Leadwerks Engine 3.x , Unity 5.x , (Unreal 4.8.x) , AGK v2.x , Construct 2 , (Clickteam Fusion 2.5) , ShiVa 1.9 , Game Maker Studio , MS Visual Studio .Net , Android Studio , Monkey , ...

in docu i had read f6 compile script and run.

ok if the script not compiled, its possible that u make a temporary file of it?

maybe was a file locked by windows and this can't overwrite but then i expect a message or error.

i can explain as on error resume next.

sure i saved , also i saw propertys i had add for test was listet below scene tree view at modell script propertys.

this are updated at saving.

Maybe you didn't save your changes before running?

Everything automatically saves when you run the game, FYI.

I cannot understand what this thread is describing.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

it means

print("hello world") <- i had used DrawText(...) in PostRender

save

run

hello world

print("hello markus")

save

run

hello world

i don't know what happens between save and run the lua script in engine.

Lua is interpreted, not compiled. (Well, actually there is an internal JIT compilation process, but it's not anything you need to worry about.) I do not understand what you are asking. Lua scripts do not get turned into an EXE.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

maybe exist a Just-in-time compiler cache?

i know from app game kit, they compile the source code to bytecode for a/the/his interpreter core.

other word for compiled is translated.