Error - Framebuffer incomplete: GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_MISSING_ATTACHMENT

TheSilentBoo

Hello again everyone,

I am having an issue with the editor whereby it works absolutely fine in the textured render mode but as soon as I try and run the game or if I render a window in textured+lighting I get the error: Framebuffer incomplete: GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_MISSING_ATTACHMENT

Now I have been looking at the forums for a while now and it seems that this has happened before but the solutions proposed (deleting objects + computer restart) do not seem to be working...

This wasn't a problem before until I added lots of lights to my game... I am making an inside level so exclusively using Point Lights and Spot Lights rather than a Directional Light (which I was saving for later to act as the Sun (The game is in Space at the moment).

I started with floor lights from the Sci-Fi constructors kit and added spot lights to them and this seemed to work fine but I wasn't keen on the type of light so I swapped to Point Lights. This is when I started having issues, when I replaced all of my spot lights with point lights I started getting the crash and the above mentioned error. (I did this manually)

Does this mean that the engine doesn't support lots of Point Lights (as the Spot Lights worked fine)?

Have I messed up somewhere?

In Debug mode it highlights the render world function (I haven't touched any scripts yet)

PS: It's worth noting that I made one light and then saved it as a prefab and then Ctrl+Dragged it so that I had the same light all over the place... We are talking 50+ lights and counting... Should I make directional lights inside the rooms and put a 'fake' light model in to reduce the amount of lights?

PPSS: My PC specs are in my signature.

THANKS! :)

Operating System: Windows 8.1 (64-bit, 8GB RAM)

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.70GHz

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7970M

aETCf3t.png

I just deleted every single light in my game and it works again!

I have tried adding a few lights and so far so good...

I'm assuming I ran out of memory and created a crash due to light bulb overkill...

Does anyone know how to keep memory usage down and allow for more lights?

Is this a limit of the engine or my computer?

Thanks again!

Operating System: Windows 8.1 (64-bit, 8GB RAM)

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.70GHz

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7970M

aETCf3t.png