[SOLVED] If you're having trouble in the beta with the 3D perspective not moving...

Josh

• Does the perspective viewport move with the WASD keys?
  • Does the perspective viewport move with the arrow keys?
  • Does the perspective viewport rotate if you hold the right mouse button and move the mouse?
  • Does the perspective viewport pan if you hold the middle mouse button (press the wheel) and move the mouse?
  • What operating system do you have?
  • What graphics card do you have?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

The editor actually does not create any cameras in the scene while editing.

• If you turn the mouse wheel does the camera move backwards and forwards, when the perspective viewport is selected?
  • If you right-click on the perspective viewport and select "Reset" what happens?
  • Does the view appear normal, as if it is rendering from the correct camera?
  • Is there a specific map that causes this problem?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

1. Does the perspective viewport move with the WASD keys? - NO
  2. Does the perspective viewport move with the arrow keys? - NO
  3. Does the perspective viewport rotate if you hold the right mouse button and move the mouse? - NO
  4. Does the perspective viewport pan if you hold the middle mouse button (press the wheel) and move the mouse? - YES
  5. What operating system do you have? - WINDOWS 8.1
  6. What graphics card do you have? - GEFORCE GT 630M 2GB (LAPTOP)
  7. If you turn the mouse wheel does the camera move backwards and forwards, when the perspective viewport is selected? - YES
  8. If you right-click on the perspective viewport and select "Reset" what happens? - CAMERA GOES BACK TO DEFAULT POSITION
  9. Does the view appear normal, as if it is rendering from the correct camera? - LOOKS AS USUAL, NO DIFFERENCE
  10. Is there a specific map that causes this problem? - EMPTY SCENE, ALL PROJECTS

Maybe this will help, but I noticed that shadmars car prefab has suddenly reversed keys, W goes back and S drives forward. Perhaps there is some issue with key mapping etc.

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)

This is a total disaster. I've completely uninstalled Leadwerks. Backed out of beta version, reinstalled and still having the same issue. Is there a config file which is retained between installs that I can look at?

If you delete the file "Documents\Leadwerks\Leadwerks.cfg" and run the program again, is the problem fixed?

If the file "Users\(USERNAME)\AppData\Local\Leadwerks\Leadwerks.cfg" exists you should also delete that. (AppData is a hidden folder.)

Removed the file. Editor settings reverted back to defaults but the perspective view is still not working.

[Edit]

I've noticed that all of us have Windows 8.1 64-bit. Could a recent MS automatic update affect how LE works?

deleted the CFG files but beside that all projects got removed from the list it didn't helped at all.

Another issue i found (i am not sure if it is related) is that the Editor does no longer run the game in debug mode.

it just stays at "Executing "G:\Projekte\Games\Leadwerks\RTS\RTS.debug.exe"..." but nothing happens and the exe does not appear in the task manager.

If i run the debug file manually from the explorer it runs without any issue.

the release mode does run but it does not notice when it gets closed. so it asks to stop it.

---------------------------

Leadwerks Editor

An external process is still running. Do you want to terminate it?

OK Abbrechen

• Upvote 1

You would never imagine that camera rotation using mouse in perspective viewport can make someone so happy. :)

Updated from 344.11 to 344.75 (as recommended) and it suddenly started working. Why and how beats me. Go figure.

The newer driver is fine, I don't really have a recommended driver for Nvidia because they just work. Hopefully I can take down that page soon once ATI and Intel get their new drivers out. It was just kind of an emergency action to help people who were having trouble.

Unless I hear otherwise, I will call this story closed.

deleted the CFG files but beside that all projects got removed from the list it didn't helped at all.

Another issue i found (i am not sure if it is related) is that the Editor does no longer run the game in debug mode.

it just stays at "Executing "G:\Projekte\Games\Leadwerks\RTS\RTS.debug.exe"..." but nothing happens and the exe does not appear in the task manager.

If i run the debug file manually from the explorer it runs without any issue.

the release mode does run but it does not notice when it gets closed. so it asks to stop it.

Leadwerks Editor

An external process is still running. Do you want to terminate it?

OK Abbrechen

When I had the viewport problem, I also had all of these issues with it. I am assuming you also have an issue where when running in release mode the editor output does not show any of the initialization and "loading" lines, but only "executing" and "process complete" (once clicking stop after terminating the game).

I don't know what specifically fixed it, but after updating to the latest nVidia driver, installing Windows updates, and rebooting, all of these issues went away.