Flowgraph

MarkusR

please can u add zoom or minimap and movement/scrolling with cursor keys?

drag a point over a long distance is not easy.

PC : Win 10 Pro 64 Bit , 4x cores ~2 GHz , 8 GB RAM , AMD R7 265

2D : Photoline , Zooner Photo Studio 13 , Art Rage Studio 3.5.4 , Ashampoo Snap 7 , ...

3D : Shade 15 Basic , Carrara 8.5 & DAZ Studio 4.8 , Cheetah 3D 6.3.2 , Via Cad 8

Music : Samplitude Music Studio , Music Creator 7

IDE : Leadwerks Engine 3.x , Unity 5.x , (Unreal 4.8.x) , AGK v2.x , Construct 2 , (Clickteam Fusion 2.5) , ShiVa 1.9 , Game Maker Studio , MS Visual Studio .Net , Android Studio , Monkey , ...

I wouldn't count on it to be honest. This was requested with release of LE3 in early 2013.

For me this is one of the reasons to not use the flowgraph editor. It works okay for a simple test level, but once you start making a larger level it just becomes one big mess. Without having the option to add layers, zooming and adding some sort of form of organizing objects it becomes unmaintainable after a while. So I stopped using it.

maybe there is a lack of man power, developing is very time intensive.

this flowgraph i need.

there are some basics missing, i would prefer other new things.

the flowgraph render get also very slow at use.

2D : Photoline , Zooner Photo Studio 13 , Art Rage Studio 3.5.4 , Ashampoo Snap 7 , ...

3D : Shade 15 Basic , Carrara 8.5 & DAZ Studio 4.8 , Cheetah 3D 6.3.2 , Via Cad 8

IDE : Leadwerks Engine 3.x , Unity 5.x , (Unreal 4.8.x) , AGK v2.x , Construct 2 , (Clickteam Fusion 2.5) , ShiVa 1.9 , Game Maker Studio , MS Visual Studio .Net , Android Studio , Monkey , ...

Don't get wrong, I think it is amazing how 1 person is able to make such a software package like Leadwerks. And I find it very logical that there simply isn't enough time to do all those things. Steam has the focus now which is a strong selling point.

I am just realistic in the fact that it has been 2 years since the flowgraph editor itself hasn't changed in the aspect of new features like layers/zooming/organizing. Event he the requested shortcut icon for the Flowgraph editor is still not there. Personally I think the flowgraph editor, in its current state, is only useful for a small test scene.

• Upvote 1

I agree. Even the toolbar shortcut, which literally takes just 5 minutes to add, would increase the usability of FlowGraph. Its funny how Josh talks about no programming experience needed to use LE but the main tool of non programmers is lacking badly. At this point it seems like the number of active users has tipped the scales and one-man show just can't pull it off any more, at least to sustain continued interest.

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)

at the moment, i see 2 main priorities, the scene tree view and the flowgraph.

some simple improvements will help really much.

• Upvote 1

I agree. Even the toolbar shortcut, which literally takes just 5 minutes to add, would increase the usability of FlowGraph. Its funny how Josh talks about no programming experience needed to use LE but the main tool of non programmers is lacking badly. At this point it seems like the number of active users has tipped the scales and one-man show just can't pull it off any more, at least to sustain continued interest.

Its funny you mention this because if you have any desire to make something even slightly enjoyable, quite a bit of coding is required. I have several ideas but I tend to keep them inside to reduce the ridicule that comes with offering suggestions!

The main one is a lua script builder where as you can simply build simple and even complex scripts by choosing things in a viewport and then that script can be used in the engine. Ive used one from FPSCR (not a comparison, dont get them in a wad) that a user contributed and it was very successful. Im learning but there are just so many things that confound me about scripting.

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,