Unencrypted publish

Vaelek

Please bring back the option to encrypt or not when publishing (Referring to the current Beta). I do not yet have any way to change settings other than hard coding and having to publish and upload multiple builds with different MSAA levels that tester's machines are able to run without crashing is very annoying when I could have them just change it in the script as needed. There may be a way to detect MSAA capabilities and set accordingly (if there is I haven't been able to find it) but still I would love to have this back as an option and not forced encryption.

• Upvote 1

I suppose.. But the engine HAD this functionality and it was removed :(

There are other things that could be done manually rather than use this awesome tool, but not having to do those things manually is quite a lot of the appeal of the tool.. If there is some legitimate reason for removing that feature then ok, but to take it away for no good reason forcing us to a manual task is kindof a bummer, and either eliminates all benefits of the selective inclusion or creates even more work to manually omit unused files. If it stays out it stays out, but please consider putting it back in, I can't imagine it would take more than a few minutes of your time.

• Upvote 1

There are other things that could be done manually rather than use this awesome tool, but not having to do those things manually is quite a lot of the appeal of the tool.. If there is some legitimate reason for removing that feature then ok, but to take it away for no good reason forcing us to a manual task is kindof a bummer, and either eliminates all benefits of the selective inclusion or creates even more work to manually omit unused files

You must be among the rare ones needing that.

Encrypted publishing is lot more needed than non encrypted when you want to release a game demo to the public or simply your game to the market.

with different MSAA levels that tester's machines are able to run without crashing is very annoying when I could have them just change it in the script as needed

I thaught OpenGL4 minimum LE3 requirement would ensure any LE3 feature to run on any 3D card supporting that minimum requirement ?

The problem is more some feature detection and fallback ,not a publishing feature.

Just remove MSAA and give your demo to your testers sleep.png

Stop toying and make games

YouGroove, yes, I understand there are ways around it.. But that isn't the point.. The point is a handy feature was just removed for no apparent reason and given a response of "just do it manually". Whether I'm in the minority or not shouldn't really matter. I'm not asking for something new created, just something that was there to not be removed for no apparent reason other than "because I said so".

I'm not asking for something new created, just something that was there to not be removed for no apparent reason other than "because I said so".

Many things changes in LE3 continuously like many other software having updates, i also would prefered some small old things like the drag and drop textures that is no more, Josh won't bring it back because me or some few others would prefer it. Josh knows where to lead LE3 developement, so sometimes, we better accept it, so i just use now the new system. But i'm not against your suggestion at all.

Stop toying and make games

If you want to know the actual reason for this it's that the Workshop system changed a bit, so it is harder to tell which files should be forced to be encrypted. Rather than spending time to develop and debug that new functionality, I decided to drop a fairly redundant option.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Thanks Josh, an explanation always softens an unexpected change :)

If I could request, assuming the password is generated on publish and not something static, could we optionally be given the encryption password when doing a publish to have the best of both worlds? This would allow you to force encrypting always, while allowing us to retain the ability to mess with the data.zip.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1