Importing an .obj with an .mtl into leadwerks

lxFirebal69xl

You must create a new material in LE3 and edit it on the material editor, than choose the shader you need, and just select the textures for the shader.

You must also import the textures to LE3, that will be transformed to .tx files, beware to choose the right compression system for the texture (for example Dxt5 when you need alpha transparency).

Stop toying and make games

how to convert them to .tex files.

I'm well aware that google exists, and I've been searching through forums for a solution on how to convert the .mdl files to .tex files.

When I import the model into blender it has the textures but when I export the model in an .fbx file it doesn't have textures<---I want the fix for this.

Sorry if I came off as uninformative.

Yea but the problem is that the textures are in a .mtl format

A .mtl file can only provide links to the textures, it does not contain the textures...if you do not have the texture files, you will have to re-texture the model.....usually there is a file called "textures" along with the model...the links in the .mtl file refer to these...I hope this helps....

u can drag & drop also material in modell view window (from leadwerks editor). this material can use any texture.

maybe try FBX® 2013.3 Converter

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=22694909

if u drop a image file in engine project folders the .tex file will be generated automatic

and u can edit is by double click in engine editor.

PC : Win 10 Pro 64 Bit , 4x cores ~2 GHz , 8 GB RAM , AMD R7 265

2D : Photoline , Zooner Photo Studio 13 , Art Rage Studio 3.5.4 , Ashampoo Snap 7 , ...

3D : Shade 15 Basic , Carrara 8.5 & DAZ Studio 4.8 , Cheetah 3D 6.3.2 , Via Cad 8

Music : Samplitude Music Studio , Music Creator 7

IDE : Leadwerks Engine 3.x , Unity 5.x , (Unreal 4.8.x) , AGK v2.x , Construct 2 , (Clickteam Fusion 2.5) , ShiVa 1.9 , Game Maker Studio , MS Visual Studio .Net , Android Studio , Monkey , ...