want to return my Steam Indie License in exchange for something but not money

domi

as it says in the title

Main reasons for it is that script interoperability is not guaranteed sad.png

in fact, also when restoring (removing non-working scripts which were rather basic) the project was completely broken down having to redesign from scratch too often.

It is rare for any scripts to change. It's generally better to create a new script based off an existing one, rather than modifying the default scripts. When you do update your project, a backup copy of any overwritten file is created in the same directory as the original.

As stated in the Steam subscriber agreement, all sales are final:

http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Never had a problem with upadtes that forced me to redesign everything from scratch. And I'm sure noone else had. Because it's simply not possible. I have once got FPSPlayer script restored to default because of update, so I simply took backup file from script directory and made another player script that won't be updated. Few times App.lua was updated, I always was able to simply take backup file from it's dirrectory.

It is rare for any scripts to change. It's generally better to create a new script based off an existing one, rather than modifying the default scripts. When you do update your project, a backup copy of any overwritten file is created in the same directory as the original.

As stated in the Steam subscriber agreement, all sales are final:

http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

Josh,

you are the maker of it, and you did a great job with Leadwerks (something to be proud of - I couldn't do that), but new scripts with built-in scripts don't seem to like my game ideas even if I remove and restore a map without the scripts the ones that don't work.

It's time for me to move on finding a new solution. I really like Leadwerks, but it can't deliver what I need.

You could ask the Steam support since Josh has nothing to do with the buy procedure at steam.

Maybe you are lucky and the steam support is nice enough. But I wouldn't count on it.

Even better would be if you explain what exactly your problem is since I still don't understand what you try explaining there. Sorry

about updates, i like to see a listbox with files + checkboxes before copy.

i think with c++ and engine api u are more save in combination of engine commands.

the compiler check if a called function exists and the parameter match etc.

may josh give u a normal license.

PC : Win 10 Pro 64 Bit , 4x cores ~2 GHz , 8 GB RAM , AMD R7 265

2D : Photoline , Zooner Photo Studio 13 , Art Rage Studio 3.5.4 , Ashampoo Snap 7 , ...

3D : Shade 15 Basic , Carrara 8.5 & DAZ Studio 4.8 , Cheetah 3D 6.3.2 , Via Cad 8

Music : Samplitude Music Studio , Music Creator 7

IDE : Leadwerks Engine 3.x , Unity 5.x , (Unreal 4.8.x) , AGK v2.x , Construct 2 , (Clickteam Fusion 2.5) , ShiVa 1.9 , Game Maker Studio , MS Visual Studio .Net , Android Studio , Monkey , ...

Just to throw my opionion into the mix - Whether it's 'rare' or not, it would be my preference that user data loss *never* occur, unless unavoidable, and if it is to occur, the user should be informed before it happens and given the option to delay if necessary.

All my scripts performing AI functions etc. are renamed and aren't trashed by updates, but in the case of a script like App.lua - where you don't really have the option to rename it and still have it work, overwriting it with no warning, and no post-overwrite message to say it was overwritten seems like bad policy.

• Upvote 3

Im assuming that this is because some one is part of the Beta. Its advised that unless you are OK with having your stuff screwed up, DO NOT JOIN THE BETA. Beta releases are rapid and there is rarely any information about them that comes out to say what was updated, why it was updated or anything else. Rather silly updates and other info is given instead. Maybe I just never see the update info if its posted.

Im still here with Leadwerks. Cant see me leaving for my own mistakes.

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

I am assuming 'non-beta' updates will trash user-modified files in exactly the same way. Don't understand this 'blame the victim' attitude at all. I haven't been affected by this either, but I understand the concern - How are you even supposed to know what needs to be restored from backup if the update process doesn't tell you what it has overwritten?

• Upvote 1

I am assuming 'non-beta' updates will trash user-modified files in exactly the same way. Don't understand this 'blame the victim' attitude at all. I haven't been affected by this either, but I understand the concern - How are you even supposed to know what needs to be restored from backup if the update process doesn't tell you what it has overwritten?

Leadwerks creates a file called 'update.log'. It contains a list of files copied over/overwritten. You can always refer to that.

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)

Just to throw my opionion into the mix - Whether it's 'rare' or not, it would be my preference that user data loss *never* occur, unless unavoidable, and if it is to occur, the user should be informed before it happens and given the option to delay if necessary.

All my scripts performing AI functions etc. are renamed and aren't trashed by updates, but in the case of a script like App.lua - where you don't really have the option to rename it and still have it work, overwriting it with no warning, and no post-overwrite message to say it was overwritten seems like bad policy.

This is a huge flaw in the engine.

I hope no one lost all your work and maybe your job because of this can occur.

Im sure someone will bring a solution :)

With one possible exception, I've never had an update break scripts. I can't even be sure it was an update that did break the script that stopped working... That said, I have had updates wipe out all connections in the Flowgraph. I've also had to manually update all my projects as a new update to Leadwerks only seems to give you a warning that existing projects are out of date. So if you're concerned something will break, there's certainly opportunity to make a backup of the project directory yourself.

As for getting a refund from Steam, they do offer a one-time goodwill gesture refund. But you'll have to fight for it and be polite while doing so.