Smart Packer Pro

nick.ace

Has anyone successfully used Smart Packer Pro to package an LE 3.3 app? I'm having a lot of trouble getting my game to run. I don't know if my game being all Lua is contributing to this.

If not, has anyone gotten it to work with earlier versions of Leadwerks? What settings did you use?

Thanks for the info. Did you test on an app that uses App.lua? I tried in on a smaller project (pretty much empty) without the double encryption, and I was receiving an error about not being able to find App.lua. It makes me wonder if the Lua files, or the .dll files from the same directory of the .exe, are not being taken into account.

Lua only project.

Copy game files as above and delete your zip folder.

In SmartPacker Pro set source to your game application, Target to whatever name and destination (I usually set the project folder). Click Build.

The rest of the settings are default.

In Storage Autosave ticked, Compression ZLIB, Encryption Med.

Left all options blank.

Though I have used some of the options before, splash image etc.

I'm using SmartPacker Pro 1.9

Elite Cobra Squad

I'm still having issues even with this basic approach. I'm using SmartPacker Pro X 1.9.6.2. Every time I launch a very basic game with that (just the player prefab and a small terrain), it crashes right after it starts up.

I sent a message to SmartPacker Pro though. Maybe they have some suggestions or something. They don't have a forum, which is really annoying because there is basically no documentation or anything.

Thanks for all the help though josk!

May I ask about the benefits of SmartPacker over the built in publishing compression/encryption algo? I've used SP many many years ago and then it didn't offer much more than what comes out of box with LE.

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)

I sent a message to SmartPacker Pro though. Maybe they have some suggestions or something. They don't have a forum, which is really annoying because there is basically no documentation or anything.

Let me know what they say.

Now LW has encrypted asset files I'm not sure of any benifit. I like how it puts everything into one executable with a splash image.

Only used smartpacker before as some demo's I put out had some licensed models.

Elite Cobra Squad

May I ask about the benefits of SmartPacker over the built in publishing compression/encryption algo? I've used SP many many years ago and then it didn't offer much more than what comes out of box with LE.

I don't really know the specifics of the LE encryption, so I can't say. That being said, I would probably think that SP would offer better protection due to everything being in one .exe (and the fact that this whole product is basically dedicated to encryption). You are right though, it might not really provide much help, especially since hardware scraping is possible no matter what type of encryption is used.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have done some tests with a simple Leadwerks 3.3 project (unencrypted) and didn't encounter any issues.

The packed executables (Smart Packer Pro and Smart Packer Pro X) ran just fine.

If you would like to test the packed executables please send a mail via our site and we will provide a download link.

Mike