Trees FBX in Leadwerks vs Unity vs UDK etc

domi

Well, the 3D models are kind of dark, so it's hard to tell. A few general suggestions:

• Open the model in the model-editor. Press the Calculate Normals button under tools or something like that. Then use the Angular Threshold option. This gets the model to not be black (if it actually is black).
  • For the leaves, make sure the compression of the leaves Texture is DXT5 or Uncompressed. Then, for the leaves Material, select the alphamask shader. There are a few to pick from. This will cause the leaves to have transparency in the textures.

You could also use this shader instead. This makes the leaves sway.

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/files/file/471-animated-vegetation-shader/

It looks like you are using Alpha blending, is this correct? What I meant by alphamask is that the shader should be an alphamask shader under the shader tab.

So,

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/documentation/_/user-guide/material-editor-r8

Under the Properties tab, you set the blend mode to Solid. Under the shaders tab, you pick an alphamask shader or the one I gave you.

Properties tab, I have the following checked, cast shadows, Two sided, Depth test and Depth Mask with Blend Mode as solid.

Textures, all that are with the model assigned properly.

Shaders I have Diffuse+Normal+specular+alphamask assigned to the Shader slot and the Shadow+alphamask in the shadow slot.

Then set all your leaf textures to DTX5

• Upvote 2

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,