Disabling the physics engine

JetBrains

You could stop calling world->update(), but then you will have to handle particles and navigation your self also, which I think with switching physic engine you would have to any way ( particle coliding with terrain, dynamic changes to nav mesh due to physics )..

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

but then you will have to handle particles and navigation your self also

Navigation is not dependent on physics, it just calculate path based on the navmesh.

Then you could make move any physic object on that path could it be Physics or Bullet.

For particles, it's only keeping same parameter forces but applied to a physic object created with physix.

The only requirement is having all physic functions of LE3 exposed on the API.

Stop toying and make games

Navigation is not dependent on physics, it just calculate path based on the navmesh.

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/documentation/_/command-reference/world/worldupdate-r503

"

World::Update

This function updates a world. Physics, particle emitters, navigation, and various other tasks will be updated. This function should be called once in the App::Loop() function.

"

so yeah navigation (, particles and "various other tasks") IS dependent on physics as it stands, unless you've some secret 'turn off physics' function up your sleve ;)

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

If you have a standard license you should take a look into the headers and checkout the base Physicsdriver class. In theory it is possible in c++ to write its own physicsdriver and attach it. but there is no real detail how to do it.

• Intel® Core™ i7-8550U @ 1.80 Ghz 
  • 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version

I have PhyX working and now im working on particles and turbulence

Great news.

About performance , do you have made some tests as last Physix should be really fast ?

Another cool feature is Apex destruction , would be cool if it could be possible to have it implemented cool.png

APEX_destructibleProj_APL.png

Stop toying and make games

If you replace the NewtonDynamicsPhysicsDriver class with another class derived from the PhysicsDriver base class, you can use PhysX or another library, and the engine commands will all work. However, this is a rather advanced topic.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 2 weeks later...