Blender and Leadwerks

Ronald Buanno

Ok, so I made a simple bottle with blender and exported it successfully into blender via the fancy plugin Josh has posted. No grips there, It was painless to get it into Leadwerks, of course its not complex or animated.

However I noticed this :

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/tutorials/_/artwork/importing-models-into-leadwerks-r121

This is my screenshot Leadwerks on Ubuntu, looking for this automatic hull creator...

post-13962-0-48611000-1422081995_thumb.png

This is grinding my gears. Linux and Windows should have the same features etc.

In the mean time I'm going to attempt to create my own simple collision hull to test...

Ubuntu 14.04 (64-Bit) - Intel Core i7-2700K - Geforce GTX 670 - 8GB RAM

Well I made my own CollisionHull. The beta gave me the option to use the hull generator.. but it crashes.. a lot. So I figured manual is better anyway. How can I test the collisions? So far I have no collisions with even the starter crates with the FPS prefab? Is that normal? Also here is a rough textured bottle. Much bottle.

post-13962-0-45926900-1422093051_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just have a look at some of the built-in prefabs, like the barrels for instance (*hint* there is a physics tab that lets you set collision properties). Additionally there are plenty of Leadwerks 3+ videos on YouTube. A friendly word of caution, because people here tend to get irritated quickly when some of these basic questions are repeated over and over again. smile.png

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)

1) You can make collision volumes in Blender directly

blogentry-1-0-42588500-1398978759_thumb.jpg

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/blog/1/entry-1203-beta-branch-update-tons-of-art-pipeline-enhancements/

2) Make a BSP primitive , give it a weight mass, attach it as child of your model and give it an invisible material (located in LE3 folders)

3) It seems LE3 have some collision volumes decompositions generator from what i have read.

I don't have tested so i don't know if it is here and works ?

Olby is right some google search and you should find answers most of the time.

LE3 is not driven by thousand people with teams to writte docs, but some topic named "importing models in LE3" pinned on "Game Art" thread that would reference Aggror tutorials and many other things ; would help rolleyes.gif

Stop toying and make games

The beta gave me the option to use the hull generator.. but it crashes.. a lot.

Well it's beta, so some bugs are to be expected - they wont get fixed either unless they get reported. **Hint** ;)

As far as I can tell there are only me and DerRidda reporting bugs for linux (the rest of the linux users are either shy or not using ubuntu LTS ), and this is quite frankly this is an area I've not yet used.

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

I'm aware of those threads. The generator simply does not function properly on Linux..

I know how to use google and I know how to make a collisionhull.

Never said Leadwerks was driven by thousands.

I tried using the crates and stuff that came in the game for reference, but they offer no collisions.

So they are not useful for use as an example.

Also, sorry for asking the community to answer questions leisurely at their convenience.

Collisions do work for all the default props (crates and barrel). You dont need convex decomposition to add phys shape to your bottle (decompo is for more elaborate shapes and is still in BETA therefore it can and will crash). Just setup your objects as in the screen shot below and you will have prop collision:

post-4357-0-21609600-1422130166_thumb.jpg

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)

I'll try this out later.

But like I said, In my new project, no collisions work with the FPSController.

I can't bump into the default crates, etc.

Perhaps I'll just use the default "MyGame" for awhile for testing. Thanks for your responses Olby, I do appreciate them.

I'll try this out later.

But like I said, In my new project, no collisions work with the FPSController.

I can't bump into the default crates, etc.

Perhaps I'll just use the default "MyGame" for awhile for testing. Thanks for your responses Olby, I do appreciate them.

If you have an extra camera in the scene graph try to delete that - I know that has tripped me up

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k