Microsoft Hololens / Cast AR Support in Leadwerks

HeadClot88

So people I am taking to are saying that Hololens and CastAR. Could very well be the next App store.

I am curious though will leadwerks support these devices?

CASTAR - LINK

Microsoft Hololens - LINK

I know that Cast AR plans to distribute a C++ SDK for their hardware.

Not sure about hololens other than they will be showing more off at the build conference.

Will leadwerks support this?

I think it's a little early to say the least. Sounds like Hololens prototype is fairly bulky and nothing like their video atm. That said, if they can get it to their promotion video then I will be buying one right away because that looks sweet!

• Upvote 1

I think it's a little early to say the least. Sounds like Hololens prototype is fairly bulky and nothing like their video atm. That said, if they can get it to their promotion video then I will be buying one right away because that looks sweet!

Hey Rick - Lets just hope that Milo from the Kinect promos does not come back...

https://twitter.com/PeterMolydeux/status/557984562907987968

Also agreed to early to say :)

This is technology like Kinect , lot of hype for something that will stay minor on video games, as major players want solid games instead. Let's wait to see Occulus in production and sold in stores first, as it is lot more immersive than Augmented VR things.

HeadClot88 :

Why not beginning a game, picking up ideas, doing some designs , and beginning a game in LE3 ?

Asking LE3 to support last toys that appear suddenly, won't make a game for you wink.png

• Upvote 2

Stop toying and make games

HeadClot88 :

Why not beginning a game, picking up ideas, doing some designs , and beginning a game in LE3 ?

Asking LE3 to support last toys that appear suddenly, won't make a game for you wink.png

Fair point - Currently working on something at the moment just need a programmer for the world gen stuff and tools that I have planned. Like I said before I am an Artist that has little knowledge of code. Just need some help :)

I can tell you right now, this is a load of BS from Microsoft that will never go anywhere, and we will not support it. I know this isn't the proper professional response, but mark my words.

• Upvote 4

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.