Does Leadwerks now cap frames per second?

bansama

I noticed today that I'm only able to get 30 fps when running builds through Leadwerks. But I'm sure this never used to be the case (and old project still gets fps in the hundreds when run outside of Leadwerks). Is there a setting I've missed that allows me to change this?

I noticed today that I'm only able to get 30 fps when running builds through Leadwerks. But I'm sure this never used to be the case (and old project still gets fps in the hundreds when run outside of Leadwerks). Is there a setting I've missed that allows me to change this?

I think it's related to water, any of my maps that have water the FPS drops from 60 to 29-30 constant.

Nope.

Framerate is not capped at 30.

Then I wonder what's going on. My hardware has not changed. They only thing that has is Leadwerks though the normal non-beta updates =/

I've also just tried building a new copy of my old project and that is now capped at 60 fps when published as a standalone. So something has definitely changed in the last few months.

Update:

Yeah, something has definitely changed with app.lua. I managed to build the project again with the old app.lua script and that one shows fps of several hundred. With the current default app.lua script created by Leadworks, it is showing a cap of 30 when testing through Leadwerks (both Debug and Run) or 60 when published.

That appears to be it. The old app.lua has that set to false. Still unsure why it only gives 30 fps when run through Leadwerks though.

Thanks for helping to clear this up.

"Run through leadwerks" does this mean debug (the bug icon) or release (the play icon) ?

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

"Run through leadwerks" does this mean debug (the bug icon) or release (the play icon) ?

I mean both of the run options offered in Leadwerks while it's running. They're represented by a full green arrow and an outline green arrow. Doesn't matter which I use, both will cap at 30 fps when sync is set to true. Only when the project is published through the project manager does sync then cap at 60 fps (which would be right for my monitor).