Blender Tutorials from RonBuan

Ronald Buanno

The problem with GEMA in germany is not that we are not allowed to listen to it, but that youtube is not allowed to present it to us. GEMA is short for "Gesellschaft für musikalische Aufführungs- und mechanische Vervielfältigungsrechte" (Society for musical presentation- and mechanical copyrights). They demand to get payed by everyone who is playing music to anyone in public and give a part of that money to the artists (cough, cough). The problem is, that they don't come to terms with youtube and so they keep suing them and requesting videos to be blocked because youtube doesn't have the license to show that music. By now youtube got quite pissed and started to automatically block videos where they aren't sure, whether they are allowed to show it, so they don't.

In your video it says (translated): This video isn't available in Germany, because it might include music by SME, for the usage of which they couldn't yet come to terms with GEMA. They are sorry.

• Upvote 1

Tried to follow this but it lost me in a few minutes.Couldn;t hear the voice or see how things were being done.

But I am very old so that's part of the reson; Tutorials that only do one thing, such as putting texture on cube would suit me better BUIT your efforts are much appreciated. Thanks.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

Just watched about 40min of it so far. Very good tutorial, and lots to learn. The recorded volume on the video does seem low but if I crank it up I can hear it. I would suggest breaking long videos into parts of 20mins or 30mins or so. By the time I got to 30min+ I got learning fatigue :) but of course I can go back to it again and continue so it's all good!

Check out my games: One More Day / Halloween Pumpkin Run

Thanks, Now if I can get Josh to help me figure out what I did wrong with the collision hulls! D:

Or, if you guys are feeling nice... Care to enlighten me and the fellow newbies on how to utilize a collisionhull?

This changed a bit since a few months ago I think, so I don't know how the naming works. Anyway, the easiest way to apply a collision hull is to click on the crate, go the scene tab, then go to the physics tab under it. You'll then have a few collision shapes you can select from (one of them is a collision hull, although I would recommend just using a box for this model, since the collision hull will be the same shape).

Convex decomposition is a new feature. I don't understand how to operate it, but the purpose of it is to break down a concave model into convex pieces. For a simple crate, this isn't really necessary.

• Upvote 1

@Ronald - Majority of your questions have already been discussed many many times. As for the collision shapes in Blender, please see this video:

...and the associated blog entry: http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/blog/1/entry-1203-beta-branch-update-tons-of-art-pipeline-enhancements/

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)