LCP 3.0 ?

beo6

LCP 3.0  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to participate in a LCP 3.0 (Leadwerks Community Project)

2. 2. if yes which Genre should it be?

• First / Third Person Shooter
    • Realtime Strategy
    • Adventure
    • Simulation / Sports
    • Casual game
    • Other

Thanks Guppy. hadn't thought about that but you are right. Wonder how Rick managed that problem.

@YouGroove. I think we will have some more discussions about some game specific stuff later. But i don't want to spam the Leadwerks Forum with that. For a FPS and TPS controller i had made that script here: http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/files/file/436-fps-and-tps-controller/

based on Aggrors tutorial. I guess that should still work in the new LE version but i haven't tried it. Just a small modification to switch with a keypress.

For a FPS and TPS controller i had made that script here

I already have Rick's great game : bomb Killer that have full TPS gameplay and more, i wasn't asking code and inverse if rigght also : without good game art, good code is useless also.

Well i just thaught it was popular style with upcoming games as The Order or Uncharted 4, having community game with good AI , climbing code could have been good framework for new people coming to LE3.( I don't ask climbing code i already have it laugh.png )

You could ask what game community people want to make to get the more people having same game type motivation in common ?

Stop toying and make games

I haven't been using LW for long and this was my first foray into Lua, but I would love to be involved in something like this if I am able to contribute. I do have the standard edition but my C++ is not good (I come from mainly a C# background and haven't used C++ since the TurboC++ days). I've gone through lots of tuts and worked out some things on my own I just fear I may be too novice to be of substantial use. It's been said these projects are meant to be educational but it's not clear if that is meant toward those involved, or that others can learn from the finished project (or both).

i would say both can learn from it. If you get stuck i would love to help as long as i am able to.

I am sure other will help too. And since everyone is working on the same code you can also learn from others.

Some people even know coding but just wanted to help in modeling so they can get some experience with that.

Intrested parties should really sign up on the LCP3 site and use the forums there, or you will miss out on the design phase - there are currently only 4 of us there. So if you want to influcence the story and/or art direction now is the time to speak up

• Upvote 1

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k