Editor Auto Complete Option?

CrazyVulcan

Hello, Ive been working off and on on learning the in and out of Leadwerks but I am running into a problem when it comes to scripting in lua. You see while I understand the basic syntax of the language I am having trouble using the built in editor due to the fact that I am having trouble with the technical command terms. I have a hard time with spelling some of these terms like transform and others I simply cant remember if they even exist without combing through the wiki.

So does the built in editor have a option to bring up a list of suggested commands like if one types in a "t" it will bring up a list of all commands that begin with the letter t. Or is there another editor all together exist that will do this?

Basically I need this to be idiot proofed, thanks.

I've never seen such an option in the Leadwerks Editor. I think it would be a useful addition though.

In the mean time, you don't have to scour the Wiki. You can look through the documentation which gives examples in both Lua and C++, or you can use the index page on the Leadwerks website which lists functions, and more, alphabetically.

Hope this helps for now! smile.png

Win7 64-bit | Intel i7-3770 3.40GHz | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

@Josh There are some old posts pointing to the Leadwerks wiki, as well as a Google search, of course. I'm guessing he found it through one of those ways.

While we're talking about it, are there plans for an updated wiki, or are you thinking of just keeping all the documentation, examples, and tutorials accessible via the Leadwerks website?

Also, in response to CrazyVulcan's question, do you think you'll plan for an auto-complete in the script editor? Personally, I've never felt I've needed it, but I do think it might be an idea worth considering later down the line if Leadwerks keeps evolving and expanding (which I'm sure it will). smile.png

Win7 64-bit | Intel i7-3770 3.40GHz | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

All documentation will always be here:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/documentation

That is good and I have been using this, but I was just referring to Lua wikis in general. A prompt tool in the editor would be a great addition. Like I said I have a decent understanding of the syntax but knowing what commands to use where to do what I am wanting would be welcomed.

Back to researching