Falling through elevator, floating boxes...

beo6

Hello,

i started fixing my elevator script and updating it to the new features at the same time.

It is working nicely again with a lot less code. (using the motor now)

But i noticed that the player is again falling through the elevator when i moves upwards.

I know this issue was fixed shortly after my first elevator script but it seems it is happening again.

As long as the player is standing still he just falls through the elevator.

Another maybe unrelated issue is that CSG Boxes with mass don´t fall to the ground on startup.

They only fall down when they touched another object.

normal models however seem to fall down at start.

because of this i tried to use a model as elevator ground. But that didn`t fixed it.

See attached map file with the scripts used in the example map file.

Maybe i am doing something wrong but it does not look like correct behaviour.

elevator.zip

Hi again.

i just played around with it a bit more and compared my script with the platform script of the MyGame example.

the only difference so far that might have helped a bit is setting:

self.entity:SetGravityMode(false)
self.entity:SetCollisionType(Collision.Scene)

however it still happens when the player is just walking onto the platform. Not sure if it worked before too with jumping onto the platform

If the player jumps onto the platform like in the example map it works as expected.

modified script: Elevator.lua

Another behaviour i noticed is that the elevator just stops after it moved 3 units up (is it meters?) when nothing collides with it.

It has more than enough space around it so it should not collide with anything and get stuck and disabling the joint limits also does not help.

Edit: forget about this last issue. seems to be working now. I am not sure anymore. might have been indeed a problem of my script. But the other problem still exists.

Edited by beo6

• 4 years later...
On 2/28/2015 at 3:10 PM, beo6 said:

Thanks. and sorry for the late reply.

Yes the falling through elevator is fixed. CSG Boxes with mass still float after loading the map but that is not really a problem for me.

It's a problem for me! That's why it is now fixed. :D

• Admin locked this topic