Congratulations getting Leadwerks GamePlayer Greenlit.

Gonan

I'm not going to use this mainly because it doesn't let me work with files for my game, but I hope it will help Leadwerks grow.

I think you will when you see how many users the games get.
  • Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

What's the file access limitation? Can you not write to file for eg. save game?

Unless this has changed, there will be only Lua games (so no C++ .exe games) and Sandbox mode is enabled. That means no loading (using Require) of external libraries or packages. That would mean no save games.

The reason for that that lies with Steam´s security policy btw and not with Leadwerks. Steam simply states that Leadwerks is not allowed to distributed other executables other then the ones that are part of the Leadwerks itself. So running lua files via the leadwerks.exe is allowed.

Steam simply states that Leadwerks is not allowed to distributed other executables other then the ones that are part of the Leadwerks itself.

How does allowing file i/o via Lua violate this though? I get it does with C++ projects, but Josh can enable file i/o via Lua and it shouldn't cause any issue. Maybe don't allow deletion or creation, but allow reading/writing which would allow us to save. I guess security is the issue and even if you allow reading/writing someone could make an app that just fills up the harddrive? I don't know. These games will be fairly limited. I guess they would really just be demos.