Animation file format

Bytecroc

At the moment I have some problems to convert .b3d animations into .fbx or better in a .fbx file format which LE3.4 recognizes as an animation file.

When I use Fragmotion to convert an animation made with Pacemaker as .b3d to .fbx and plug it into the Leadwerks Editor, then only the mesh without texture I have in the "mesh-editor" no animation.

When I will load an .fbx file into Blender from Fragmotion, the .fbx file is too old.

If I convert with Autodesk FBX Converter to format 2013 I can read into Blender and the animation works,

but not the exported file with the leadwerks plugin, the newest from GitHub.

It is always only a mesh without texture and animation.

I suggest to implement .b3d animation file format for import into the Leadwerks Editor and/or .x and .dbo file format.

Leadwerks 4.x Pro, examples please for C++,

english is not my native language.

If I convert with Autodesk FBX Converter to format 2013 I can read into Blender and the animation works

If you get animations in BLender, just export directly from Blender in FBX format with the good options (armature,mesh,animations checked), and you'll get them in LE3.

Stop toying and make games

I try differnt Blender versions at the moment, some have animations inside LE3.4 but the mesh is deformed, or the mesh is not deformed and no anim is inside or all keyframes are inside but the anim did not run.

@josk, did you mean the anims with Ultimate Unwrap are OK and run?

Thank you Guppy and Josh, the shader was the problem, now the standing anim keys are running. The exported LE3 files .mdl from Blender are deformed, but the .fbx files now are working. biggrin.png

The shaders are needed for all anims, now I know.

Ultma Unwrap3D is not very cheap I hope I mus not buy it. I can work good with Wings3D UV mapping.

I have made one animation with .b3d to Fragmotion -> Autodesk FBX Converter -> Blender -> .fbx -> Leadwerks plus shader that works

but I can not repeat that, not with the same .b3d file.

So my suggestion is always to implement .x and .b3d converting like the actual .fbx converting with the LE3.x Editor.

.b3d is a file format that is mostly the same and we can use old proven tools too. Like CharacterFX, Pacemaker, Milkshape, Fragmotion for animations.

You don't have to go through Blender. Fragmotion exports the older FBX file but Leadwerks still converts it just fine into mdl. Tried it with Pacemaker model in b3d, exported an fbx from Fragmotion and dropped the fbx +texture into models folder for Leadwerks. Multi channel animation is also working.

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)

Thx Olby, I have with my model always 0 anim sequences with Fragmotion, I have a first sequence inside which is the standing sequence, I deleted now this first sequence and now it works directly with Fragmotion.

Possibly because this is a one keyframe sequence. Only stand still.