Mixamo Fuse support ? [solved]

awgsknite

Has anyone tried to get an fbx made with Mixamo's Fuse Character Animator program and have it work in LE ? I just tried it and the model imported but the animations don't work.

I then loaded animation from the crawler model and it started to animate but the character was like squashed and had it's legs sticking out and it looked like a pile of meat wiggling. How to i get this Fuse to work with LE ? anyone ? Thanks

screenee below:

78aAy8I.jpg?1

I haven't tried Mixamo stuff in LE, but you might something in this thread

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/11449-fbx-animations-not-working/page__hl__mixamo

However, I'm pretty sure the crawler animations won't work on your Mixamo characters. Animations are created for a specific bone structure (skeleton), and the bone hierarchies, scales and orientations of the crawler and a Mixamo character are certainly different. You would have to retarget the crawler animations to your character.

Thanks ! I got it to work ! I just had to get the free locomotion pack onto the character off the mixamo site and from there i added the simpleanimation.lua to it and set it to 0 in the sequence in the editor basically doing what josk said in that link you gave :

"attach the the SimleAnimation.lua script set Sequence to 0 and in the script draw bit relpace with this:

--self.entity:SetAnimationFrame(8,1,1)

local t = Time:GetCurrent()

self.entity:SetAnimationFrame(t/100.0*2.8,1,0)

and also remember to put all the textures and mat files along with the mdl file into a new named folder you create into the characters folder where the crawler folder is !

and bang ! your all set !

Thanks ! I got it to work ! I just had to get the free locomotion pack onto the character off the mixamo site and from there i added the simpleanimation.lua to it and set it to 0 in the sequence in the editor basically doing what josk said in that link you gave :

and also remember to put all the textures and mat files along with the mdl file into a new named folder you create into the characters folder where the crawler folder is !

and bang ! your all set !

great to know, now if you want to use other animation's not from mixamo you will have to retarget the animation to your character's as just a heads upwink.png

Processor: AMD A6-3420M APU integrated Radeon HD Graphics 1.50 GHz

Thanks ! But how do I do that then so I don't have to keep buying animations from mixamo ?

Leadwerks 3.2 Indie : Animated Character Workflow Test

IKinema:

http://www.ikinema.com/

TrueBones:

http://www.truebones.com/

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

• 2 months later...

I suggest Googling Truebones beware. I don't want to link it here because it's another engine's forum.

Hi, i'm here only for this problem, i bought animations from truebones and i already implemented them into my game (some of them are shown in the @Marleys Ghost 's video above) - in the "beware of truebones" thread it says that there are animations taken from Singularity game (zombie ones), but maybe the rest is ok? For example these sword swings shown in video above. Do you think some company will make problems when they saw very similar animations in my game? Even if, for example, i'll add some slight varaitions just in case?

I think that is too difficult for us to answer loleczekk, since probably none of us are qualified to provide legal advice on the matter. Unfortunately, you really have to take that work with a grain of salt because of this. Even if you make modifications, the fact that they "may" have been ripped from games would indicate copyright infringement (especially since they were taken illegally). Personally, I would avoid that site, which sucks for users who put in a lot of effort rigging/applying those to models and using them within games. This may even be an international copyright law violation, so idk how you can sue TrueBones, but it might be possible. I don't know how PayPal can refuse a refund even though if the product is illegal to begin with (I guess they don't want to deal with it).

I was even looking into that product at one time, so that's crazy! Thanks for pointing that out though gamecreator!

I think that is too difficult for us to answer loleczekk, since probably none of us are qualified to provide legal advice on the matter. Unfortunately, you really have to take that work with a grain of salt because of this. Even if you make modifications, the fact that they "may" have been ripped from games would indicate copyright infringement (especially since they were taken illegally). Personally, I would avoid that site, which sucks for users who put in a lot of effort rigging/applying those to models and using them within games. This may even be an international copyright law violation, so idk how you can sue TrueBones, but it might be possible. I don't know how PayPal can refuse a refund even though if the product is illegal to begin with (I guess they don't want to deal with it).

I was even looking into that product at one time, so that's crazy! Thanks for pointing that out though gamecreator!

Thanks, ofc, it just would be nice to have some general advice/opinion about that case from fellow gamedevs :) All these copyright regulations are... Strange and not fair. For example, there are possibly a lot of people who bought trubones motions for use in their commercial games. Most of them are still 100% sure (just like i was a few days ago) that they're all fine and legal, just like any other product they paid for. Now, a guy will release his game with these animations. Some company will see these animations and recognize that they're from their game and sue him (btw. i wonder if something like this ever happened before?). Then, he will say that he didn't knew it was stolen, and it's true. And it's not his ignorance of law - he can even be an expert and know everything about copyright regulations. He just bought a product as a legal one, and he didn't had any chances to recognize that it's otherwise. In that case, company should not sue the developer, but the other company who sold him this illegal-obtained content (Truebones in this case) But when it's otherwise and they'll sue the innocent developer, then it's just dumb - that way, we should be afraid of buying anything from, for example, Mixamo, because they're just another site with digital content, just like truebones and many others. How do we know that their stuff isn't stolen too? It's impossible to determine it. Same with Unity asset store, Unreal Marketplace, etc., etc...

If you choose to use TrueBones, take it with a grain of salt. Also, make sure you read their license though, because those are EXTREMELY important. I use a lot of bought assets as well, but like you said, it really is impossible to determine where it originally came from.

Here's a good article:

http://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.com/articles/understanding-licenses-or-can-i-use-this-asset-in-my-game--cms-22510

If you choose to use TrueBones, take it with a grain of salt. Also, make sure you read their license though, because those are EXTREMELY important. I use a lot of bought assets as well, but like you said, it really is impossible to determine where it originally came from.

Here's a good article:

http://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.com/articles/understanding-licenses-or-can-i-use-this-asset-in-my-game--cms-22510

Thanks, well i guess i'll just try to recreate these animations on my own and just use these from Truebones as a reference. Just in case. Additional work, but well...