Non Steam Upgrade?

achrystie

So I bought Leadwerks 3.0 early on, back in May of 2013. It was pretty bare bones, relatively buggy, and quite frankly ran like ****. Since then there was the Kickstarter, then the whole Steam release without C++, then an upgrade on this site that was priced well above the Steam version or the KS version, then it wasn't clear there was even an update available that supported C++. Now there is NO storefront on this site to upgrade my copy, at all. I've essentially ignored/waited rather than buy anything else because I didn't want to get burned again on a price that might change drastically a few months later while Josh decided that his $1000+ engine was a $200 engine that charged for point upgrades, but is now a $66 Steam release with free point updates? Paid? Who knows...

Can I ask what the deal is?

It would seem I purchased, early on, in good faith, at a higher price, at the worst time possible time, and now have a completely obsolete product that doesn't have a storefront or upgrade path. If I had waited for the Kickstarter, or the Steam release (had I known it was even coming), I would have spent far less and had an actual upgrade path as well as the various benefits the Steam version brings.

Is it basically that there is no Leadwerks storefront anymore and people are expected to "rebuy" the engine on Steam to get any sort of product updates or is there a way to convert my license to the Steam Standard version?

Can someone clarify what I spent my money on two years ago and how, if I choose to, I'd actually make that purchase into something again?

Get in contact with Josh at support @ leadwerks.com

I was in the same position as you with 3.0...I got a upgrade to the indie version only...no C++....You will have to buy the standard version which is on sale now...but josh should give you the upgrade to indie but you will have to pay for standard version...It may be faster to contact Josh on Steam....hope this helps....