All files from .leadwerks in home folder, including user files, gone?

insomniac_lemon

I have no idea what this is about. There have been no such changes. Are you talking about the projects folder or the application files themselves?

The projects folder (what once was ~/.leadwerks) . Where it was before still exists, but only with 'Leadwerks.log' in it, and the project I was working on before (map and scripts) are gone. Now the projects folder is in a newly-created ~/Documents/Leadwerks

This happened with the 3.4 update.

You can change the default location of the projects directory in the options dialog. However, I don't think projects were ever stored anywhere but the documents folder, by default. Some time ago, the config and log file locations were also moved to the documents folder, to make it easier for people to find.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

You can change the default location of the projects directory in the options dialog. However, I don't think projects were ever stored anywhere but the documents folder, by default. Some time ago, the config and log file locations were also moved to the documents folder, to make it easier for people to find.

I'm fairly sure that my projects were in the .leadwerks folder, and that a week ago it wasn't in my documents folder, and now it's the ONLY thing in my documents folder. (because I don't use my native documents folder, I use a documents folder on another drive)

Whether or not, my Leadwerks files are GONE. I had them right with all the other default project files, including a map, new scripts (including one in a new folder) and they're all missing. I did pre-2015 updates and every time it would start right up to my scene telling me I needed to update my project, now there is no trace whatsoever that I have done anything.

Did you search your system for .werk files? Maybe you are simply remembering it wrong(, I hope for your own good).

I am very much sure. All the files are new.

Alongside of the default files I had /Scripts/Objects/spells/stream.lua

inside weapons I had something like FPSgun_edited.lua from when I started,

inside player I had FPSPlayer_custom.lua

along with the other maps, I had something like PROJECT.map, not sure if that was the name, but I remember it was all caps.

The update deleting my files is the only possible issue. Searching for .werk files results in only the default file that is fresh, searching for stream.lua turns up nothing. To add to that, the 'recent' files in both map/script editors don't have any traces of the files I've previously worked on.

Is it possible that, because I was using the default project instead of my own, the default .werk file was loaded with the update, removing any changes I've made?

If you update your project it will make a copy of the original file, with the suffix ".bak" added to it, and the new file will be copied into your directory. However, files are never deleted.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

If you update your project it will make a copy of the original file, with the suffix ".bak" added to it, and the new file will be copied into your directory. However, files are never deleted.

There are no .bak files from Leadwerks anywhere on my system, and I've updated like 2-3 times.

I don't doubt that's the way it's supposed to be, but as I've said, there's no trace of anything I've done in Leadwerks. Even if it was lost some other way, I'd expect the 'recent files' lists in Leadwerks to still show memory of my old files (giving a 'this file cannot be found' spheal). All I'm saying is something happened. Maybe it was some edge case where I was a few minor versions behind, or maybe it's because I'm not on Ubuntu. If other people have this same issue, don't be surprised.