Errors during boot and work Leadwerks Game Engine: Standard Edition.

diman-pro

Hello! I all the time while working all the time there are errors. You cannot download a project that I created, because he simply does not find (not even a standard project with mygame). During operation crashes are often the error message "Failed to create backup folders ...". To close the program impossible. (If you close the error message "Failed to save settings" with a single "OK" button which, when pressed, I return to the editor. So close is possible only through task Manager). These problems appear after installation. What can I do to fix the error?

The log program :

Здравствуйте! У меня все время запуска и во время работы все время появляются ошибки. Невозможно загрузить проекты, которые я создавал, поскольку он их просто не находит (даже нет стандартного проекта MyGame). Во время работы вылетает часто ошибка "Failed to create backup folders ...". Закрыть программу вообще невозможно. (При попытке закрытия появляется ошибка "Failed to save settings" с одной кнопкой "ОК", при нажатии которой я снова возвращаюсь в редактор. Так что закрыть можно только через диспетчер задач). Эти проблемы появляются с момента установки. Что мне с этим делать, чтобы устранить ошибки? Лог программы :

1.png

2.png

3.png

Error: Failed to write log file.

Syncing Workshop Items...

Initializing...

Initializing OpenGL4 graphics driver...

OpenGL version 450

GLSL version 450

Device: GeForce GTX 550 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

Loading texture "D:/wii/g/f/Materials/Common/bfn.tex"...

Loading shader "D:/wii/g/f/Shaders/Editor/terraintool.shader"...

Loading shader "D:/wii/g/f/Shaders/Editor/wireframe.shader"...

Loading shader "D:/wii/g/f/Shaders/Editor/solid.shader"...

Loading shader "D:/wii/g/f/Shaders/Model/default.shader"...

Loading shader "D:/wii/g/f/Shaders/Editor/grid.shader"...

Loading shader "D:/wii/g/f/Shaders/Lighting/ambientlight.shader"...

Loading font "C:/WINDOWS/Fonts/Arial.ttf"...

Loading shader "D:/wii/g/f/Shaders/Drawing/drawtext.shader"...

Loading shader "D:/wii/g/f/Shaders/Drawing/drawprimitive.shader"...

Loading shader "D:/wii/g/f/Shaders/Editor/skybox.shader"...

Loading shader "D:/wii/g/f/Shaders/Misc/occlusionquery.shader"...

Loading shader "D:/wii/g/f/Shaders/Model/Shadow/shadow.shader"...

Loading shader "D:/wii/g/f/Shaders/Lighting/directionallight.shader"...

Loading material "D:/wii/g/f/Materials/Icons/directionallight.mat"...

Loading shader "D:/wii/g/f/shaders/editor/sprite.shader"...

Loading texture "D:/wii/g/f/Materials/Icons/directionallight.tex"...

Saving settings...

Saving settings...

Saving settings...

I'm guessing your user name has Cyrillic characters. The system requirements mention that this is not supported.

You can get around this by changing your Windows username to something else.

I might consider adding a command-line hack or something to change the default path the config file gets loaded from.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Just a guess why that issue comes up every now and then for some users.

Is it possible that your steam directory is on your system drive (most of the time drive C) and probably even under program files?

By default drive c and it's subfolders are write protected for normal users.

So if you start steam as normal user, steam starts leadwerks as normal user and the result is that leadwerks can't write to files.

//edit: on when the file is in the user folder it's not this issue.

Not having Unicode support in the editor is just one of those things that makes me bang my head against the table. And this isn't even me being a picky Linux user, as it is cross platform.

There is not a single good and/or acceptable and/or excusable reason to not support Unicode in 2015.

Apparently this is BlitzMax related, I have found a thread stating that they added Unicode support to the BlitzMax SVN from last year or so. (Which btw is stupidly late for such a project).

So please, Josh, get behind this. Ignoring this will only hurt you in the end as you make your product less viable for the entire Russian and Asian market.

EDIT: This is advertising UTF16 support ( http://www.blitzmax.com/Products/blitzmax.php) So what am I missing here? At least the Windows side of things should be cared for.

• Upvote 2