Need members for a project

tiagoguerreiro131

Hello, My name is Tiago.

I have an idea that I think would be a good one.

The thing is that I have connections, but I don't have the skills for that. I have researched about the subject, but I still don't know how to do it. It is an anime graphic style of game.

I need volunteers:

programmers, map builders, modellers for the characters, etc.

If anyone would like to help, I appreciate a lot.

Yours sincerely,

Tiago

I don't want to not respond because you may go away thinking the community is bad or dead, which isn't the case. However, a post like this, 99.99% of the time, will not lead to anything. You don't seem to bring much to the project and you don't give much detail at all about the game. In the list of needs you have "etc", which is never a good thing. While you are polite in your request, as am I trying to be in my response, this just isn't how you go about starting a successful project.

If you can't code, make art, do sounds, or make maps then that leaves game designer. However, you are going to have to really blow people away with a very detailed design document of a kick *** game. You are going to have to show your leadership and project management skills. You have to show something. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to offer advice.

• Upvote 6

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I know I am not being very interesting nor showing that I understanding about the subject. In fact I do not know what is necessary for a game to be prepared besides programmers, designers, physics experts, maps designers. I am very knew at the matter. That is why I am asking for your help. Don’t worry, I don’t take anything personal, I actually see it as educational.

And, for that reason, if you would like to help me, I appreciate very much.

I cannot help you as I am working with another person on a project. My advice is to make a detailed design doc of your game. This would take at least a month or so to really get all the stuff down on paper. Do some quick and bad drawings (or reference images online) to give people some ideas about the game. Basically, you have to make a large effort as a game designer to try and get people who are interested in your design. Right now you have no design so chances are nobody who has the skills and experience you need is going to be interested. Show a design.

• Upvote 2

Hey Tiago....Welcome to Leadwerks...I would recommend that you take some time and learn some of the skills that you are lacking...There are "Idea Men" on every development site in the world...having a idea is great, but there is a lot of work that goes into a video game...I recommend that you slow down a little and start taking tutorials for Leadwerks and ask questions here on the forums...A little learning can go a long way....hope this helps....

• Upvote 2

A good designer / "idea man" is actually pretty rare. You have to have a very detailed idea. For example, I would work with the guy who made Dear Esther in a heartbeat without expecting him to do anything but write dialog, because he has clear and compelling ideas.

• Upvote 2

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Hi yougroove.

I is a rpg kind of game. I do not know how to do anything, but I do not mind to try engines, learn by tutorials, etc.. I actually have tried Cry Engine before, to create maps, but they are very realistic, and need a Ni No Kuni kind of style. Are you interested??

I'm fully occupied , i was just asking by curiosity.

Do you know coding or scripting gameplay ? For the game you target you will need that.

LE3 is really easy with LUA, you should start making step by step some level where you can control your character and camera first.

The best advice i would give you is to really make a deeper reflexion on the game you want to make :

- ARP or turn based RPG, MMo like ? how combat works in detail ?

- medieval, futurist universe or a mix

- One main hero or multiple characters party ? personnality, equipement and powers

- what is the base storyline

Generally you won't get lot of people jumping on board to help you until you show some good enought game demo.

For 3D art something that can help you to start is affordable 3D model packs ready to use : characters, environments(rocks, trees, grass ...) , modular buildings

Or you can use low poly and stylized graphics, fast and simpel to make , but that still looks good.

Good luck.

• Upvote 1

Stop toying and make games

Thank you for your replies. You are absolutely right. I do have the ideas on my mind, but I need to put them on paper. It may take me a while, more than a month, because I have to divide my time between University, work and this project. Meanwhile, I will do like you say and try to adventure in these kind of software's and learn as much as I can.

Do you know any game engine,3d model creator that is suitable and easy to use?

Yours Sincerely,

Tiago