Timeline tool editor

YouGroove

Hi,

What is missing is a time line tool for creating effects or movement visually.

In the time line you could add objects or scripts that would have a script.

The idea would be to use the timeline tool to send a value to script variables of the object.

For example to make some muzzleflash you could add a light prefab to the timeline and send values to it's script variables like range, intensity , show/hide.

And add a muzzleFlash prefab sprite that you would control sending different values to it's rotation, intensity or sprite index from an array of sprites.

Another usage lot more simple could be to control objects position, scale and rotation, specially decoration effects :

- flying birds

- moving or flying objects in the background

- combination of different particle effects

The big advantage is that you can assemble and create complex visually instead of coding without seeing directly the result.

And i'm among those that prefer some essential tools to create quickly and visually effects instead of coding.

I hope LE3 will get some usefull tool like that or plugin will allowing us to make it will come some day.

• Upvote 2

Stop toying and make games

+99999

This sounds like a good idea and would speed things up for me anyways instead of making timers for things to happen,etc..

uggh timer's there fine for some things, but not always the best way to handle some things.

also this would be helpful for cut scenes as well.

• Upvote 1

Processor: AMD A6-3420M APU integrated Radeon HD Graphics 1.50 GHz