Newton Dynamics and cloth simulation

Sakru

Hi guys. My question is about newton dynamics and how to import cloth from for example blender into the leadwerks? If I understand right, this feature is not available in leadwerks today? Any way to work around this problem? In UE4 I did use the APEX SDK from NVIDIA, but this is no NVIDIA here in Leadwerks. It is not critical to my project, I can use other stuff, but I just want to know if this is on to do list?

Hi guys. My question is about newton dynamics and how to import cloth from for example blender into the leadwerks? If I understand right, this feature is not available in leadwerks today? Any way to work around this problem? In UE4 I did use the APEX SDK from NVIDIA, but this is no NVIDIA here in Leadwerks. It is not critical to my project, I can use other stuff, but I just want to know if this is on to do list?

what we do expect is carving tool, vertex tool, vegetation tool etc. this year. you can probably do this by C++

• Upvote 1

Processor: AMD A6-3420M APU integrated Radeon HD Graphics 1.50 GHz

In UE4 I did use the APEX SDK from NVIDIA, but this is no NVIDIA here in Leadwerks. It is not critical to my project, I can use other stuff, but I just want to know if this is on to do list?

Someone tempted Nvidia, but it seems it 's not easy to integrate it in LE3.

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/11714-disabling-the-physics-engine/page__hl__nvidia#entry84674

The best solution would be Nividia or Bullet physics support, i mean some active 3D engine with tools.Newton is not Nvidia big company. I didn't find work arounds.The best you could do is to make some cloth animations with variations also and play animations in LE3.

For the TODO list i don't think the 3D engine will change soo , as this is lot of work.

• Upvote 1

Stop toying and make games