Ability to develop on lowered end systems.

Chiblue

One of my only issues is that it would be helpful if you could run from the IDE in debug on slower machines without the prerequisite video card or using remote desktop.

Only reason I ask is many times I find myself working on a lower end system I.e laptop and it would be very productive if I could run my code in these environments understanding that some visuals would not work correctly if at all, bit being able to still develop none graphics intense aspects would really help.

If it's not Tactical realism then you are just playing..

Really? I use remote desktop everyday and how could anyone develop anything somewhat graphics intensive using it? It's horribly slow.

I absolutely agree. but at work I have time available to work on my projects, but unfortunately the machine (laptop) I have at work is a piece of ****... it's sad that the technology I have available to me at work is light years apart from my technology at home... so to be able to develop code at work would be very constructive towards my project... but LE will not run on my work laptop... due to it's video card, or lack of it...

All I can do is code and compile, using remote desktop.. this works, it would be nice to actually run my code and check the results...

I do the same thing, but I either use notepad to do some coding for an idea I have, or if it doesn't require graphics I'll generally just open up VS and use that to test out the idea. I have coded over Remote Desktop for basic GUI programs but for work, but I couldn't imagine doing it for an LE project at all. I'd rather stick to my notepad and just email the code to my personal email to test at home :)

I do the same thing, but I either use notepad to do some coding for an idea I have, or if it doesn't require graphics I'll generally just open up VS and use that to test out the idea. I have coded over Remote Desktop for basic GUI programs but for work, but I couldn't imagine doing it for an LE project at all. I'd rather stick to my notepad and just email the code to my personal email to test at home :)

I actually run VS at work for other "work related" projects, but building an idea in VS without the engine is either very time consuming as you have to build the entire Open GL environment, then you have to build all the functions to perform the common tasks, like drawtext etc... There are so many aspects to a game that do not require emitter, entities, bodies etc... but just 2 graphics that would help, like menus, ingame stats etc... To build this in C++ using open gl without the engine is painful to say the least... plus when it's build you have to re-engineer it anyway... so kind of defeats the point...

I do work on things like, timing controls, new classes, the stuff you can build and just compile without running the engine...

It was just a thought... or is there a way to still create the world but in a limited sense, as this is the failure point...