Animations/textures

drarem

Any chance of the 'parts invisible' in the model editor for Linux being fixed? I opened up the default crawler and when playing different animations, parts of it disappear while it's animating.

Thanks.

LXDE 14.10 x64 12G ram NVIDIA 760GTX

I figure when that part is fixed, we shouldn't have invisible animated models in the scene anymore either.

Of course the crawler looks fine in-game, but I think I would have to boot to windows 8 to create a new animated model, extract animations, etc.

Also when I import my model using windows, it shows up as pitch black even though I thought I unwrapped and modelled it. It looks fine in blender.

Thanks

UPDATE*** used MDL exporter for Blender, now I get textures in Windows. But it doesn't fix Linux.

Still on windows 8:

On the Exception violation error, I found if I click Save instead of the 'X' to save/close, it seems to have better luck with not crashing.

I'll have to revisit the 'invisible parts' on linux, now that I've realized a bit more about models and animations.

For example, the game would crash because I extracted/renamed 'attack' instead of 'Attack1' which is what the MonsterAI.lua script is

looking for. The model editor is still flaky on linux with playing animations though.

Found one issue. I copied the .MDL file from Windows which looked good to Linux. The mesh was white. I opened up a hex editor and found that windows stored the directory in lower case, linux is case sensitive. If you have upper case in the folder names and go from windows to linux, it is blank. Same with receiving objects from others who use windows into linux, check out the MDL file and the case of it. Let me know if this doesn't make sense, probably was discovered a while back. Will report as a bug.

• 2 years later...