graphics libraries?

TheDrkMstr

i am new to 3D game development so give me some time to learn, the last time i did any development was when flash was the thing to use. i plan on making an rpg similar to skyrim in size not story in the long haul this is not my immediate goal. i was wondering if we are allowed to use other external libraries like horde 3d inside of leadwerks. i want to modify horde 3D to fit the needs of my game.

Leadwerks is capable of better graphics than Horde3D...They use two different versions of openGL...I don't understand what trying to link them together would accomplish...Why not just make your game with Leadwerks?...You can use external libraries with the standard version of Leadwerks, but Horde3D is a rendering engine, not a library....

Just a suggestion...Drop the RPG as your first project....Start small, like moving a cube around a room etc.....Go through all the tutorials that you can find...Then you will have a much better chance of completing your RPG without getting frustrated and quitting....Hope this helps and WELCOME to Leadwerks...

It is completely possible to do this.

I was not saying that it is impossible...I was asking why someone would want to...The graphics in Leadwerks are very good...It just seems like a lot of work for what you get out of it...My question was..."Why not just make the game in Leadwerks?"....Sorry if it seemed that I was saying it was impossible...

Leadwerks is capable of better graphics than Horde3D...They use two different versions of openGL...I don't understand what trying to link them together would accomplish...Why not just make your game with Leadwerks?...You can use external libraries with the standard version of Leadwerks, but Horde3D is a rendering engine, not a library....

Just a suggestion...Drop the RPG as your first project....Start small, like moving a cube around a room etc.....Go through all the tutorials that you can find...Then you will have a much better chance of completing your RPG without getting frustrated and quitting....Hope this helps and WELCOME to Leadwerks...

I didn't small start and i'm making progress even it's my first project too: http://indiedb.com/games/banned but... Ypu're right a rpg is a hard start