Failed to initialize graphics

HAL

Reading through the forums, I know that this has come up on multiple occasions but I am not sure how to troubleshoot. I have windows 7, nvidia graphics card (660 Ti) with current drivers (347.88) and still receive this error. I appended the log below. Thanks in advance for whatever advice you can offer.

Syncing Workshop Items...

Initializing...

Initializing OpenGL4 graphics driver...

OpenGL version 450

GLSL version 450

Device: GeForce GTX 660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2/3DNOW!

Error: Failed to create background context.

Failed to initialize graphics. Please ensure your graphics hardware is compatible and install new graphics drivers.

• 7 months later...

My apologies on bringing back an old post, but I just had this problem and wanted to see if it was ever resolved. It's been a while since i ran leadwerks, but i wanted to try something out, so i booted it up and everything went well. I started a new project and when i ran to test it i get:

Failed to create background context.

Failed to initialize graphics. Please ensure your graphics hardware is compatible and install new graphics drivers.

I tried updating all of my drivers and it still does not work. I am running on geforce 640m with driver version 358.91, It is an old machine, but it always worked in the past. Did you have any luck with this HAL?