Just a thought

nl2012

Since this is a suggestion box i have some thoughts to share.

I've been working with LE since it first appeared on Steam. Apart from my regular job, i have done alot of freelance content development. I have some other engines that are classified as "easy gamemakers" but i think LW is by far the best to work with as a content dev and programming noob.

But, what really could set LW apart from the others is more ready to use LUA scripts so non programmers can build their gamelogic more easy.I know alot of ppl are putting alot of effort in helping non scripters with LUA scripts, and alot can be found in the forums.

Just a small example: a 3rd person controller:

There are alot of threads (and scripts) about it but you still need a PHD in LUA to get it the way you want.

Why not build in (f.e. like the Simple animation lua) a drop down like f.e key G = seq 12. Key shift C is seq 9 .This is just a example.

There are hudreds of code snippets in the forum but you still need indepht LUA knowledge. I know this may sound stupid for people that understand LUA but trust me for a whole bunch of users/ potential buyers it isn't. And yes i can start to learn LUA, no problem (i'm working on it ) . Don't get me wrong i like LW alot

and admire the effort put into it by the devs and forum members, but more ready to (build-in) go scripts and dedicated manuals for common game mechanics would be highly appreciated. In the mean time i started making ready to use gaming content for the workshop.

Thank you for your time and have fun!smile.png

HP Z820 workstation / 2 x Intel Xeon Processor E5-2650 v2 8c / 64GB / Geforce 980 gtx

/ MODO801 / MARI / ZBrush 4R7 / UU3D / Substance Designer / PS