Physics lagging in TPS game

Hi,

I submit that as bug because the physics just lags when you keep running forward after a certain time.

I have a running example, just press forward to reach the big green cube for in front of the player for example or just always keep running don't stop, and you'll see physics decelerating than accelerating a lot.

How to test :

-Dezip and put forlder "custom" at the root directory of your project

-Put the map file in your map directory

-run the game

-keep running forward during 30 seconds or more.

voxels.zip

post-3271-0-86140100-1432325550_thumb.jpg

Stop toying and make games

SetInput() is a physics command. Don't multiply the player movement by the game speed and it will work correctly:

-- handle player movement
self.playerMovement.z = ((App.window:KeyDown(Key.W) and 1 or 0) - (App.window:KeyDown(Key.S)and 1 or 0)) * self.moveSpeed

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Yes you are right Josh.

It was not LE3 bug , but only my bug laugh.png

Removing the game speed and the character keeps a constant movement without any lag.

BUT

No post effects and changing Quality = 2 , there is small lags , not important , but noticeable (running on GTX 960).

I would expect a linear slow down,like games where you put high graphic options the game physics just slow down as much as the graphics , but we don't see some sudden deceleration and some acceleration after.

I changed the code to capture the minimum fps, and many times it falls down from 200fps to 30fps blink.png

post-3271-0-44396500-1432332184_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

There was an old bloom script I wrote that continually recreated the rendering buffers, by mistake. However, that was fixed long ago. The only way it could still be there is if you didn't update the project.

For any further investigation I need example to run.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

EDIT.

I found i have same stutterings in my PC with any game whatever is the 3D card, so this is not related to LE3.

For now i use Vsync on in the 3D cart settings , and Vsync on in LE3, to have a constant 60 fps in LE3 now with no stutterings.

The thread can be closed.