Daniel0213

FUSE on steam is now free

Looks interesting. Is it any good? Reading from the reviews it seems to nickle and dime you along the way. Ether way, I'll add this to my catalog cause who does not like free software?

I've only been using it for a couple of weeks but it's good for people like me who are not very good model makers.

Within a hour I had a character built, dressed, animated and ready to be imported into Leadwerks.

You get 20 animations free. Then you have to pay. At the moment you can't purchase any animations because of Adobe takeover.

You can however export your model into Blender ( or other animation program ) and animate it yourself.

You get 20 animations free. Then you have to pay. At the moment you can't purchase any animations because of Adobe takeover.

You have to pay 18$ also for clothing addon.

Knowing Adobe and their subscription system i'm not suprised it's not totally free, and you must pay to get complete usable content.

That's good for prototyping, i don't like generic 3D characters without personnality.

I bought this last week, not happy about that at all.

That's good for prototyping, i don't like generic 3D characters without personnality.

Like most content you buy like models only take a quick blast in your fav 3d app, change the textures and hey presto you have something no one else has lol... I have seen this happen in popular games that have been released in the past.. :D

I bought this last week, not happy about that at all.

Yes it was in pretty bad taste or ballsy to do a steam sale right before they made the software free... but I believe Steam is now providing refunds as long as its within 14 days.

Unfortunately I purchased during the winter sale so I am SOL.

Ahh, so this is using the "Free-To-Play" model then. I'll still think about giving this a shot if I ever need a player model to test. Right now, I don't really have a need for it.

You have to pay 18$ also for clothing addon.

The clothing pack was already paid before free Fuse.

I also buy in the sales sad.png

Expansion pack: Fuse - Clothing Substances Expansion by Allegorithmic

At the moment, free users have the same options that users who paid for the program, adobe not put any paywall.

Will it be imrpoved and developped ? or will it juts goes free and that's it ?

I think that's it. It's a saying on "Oh hey, have this for free because we are going to take this technology, improve it, and have it be in a future Adobe project!" They could also lost the right to sell it in the signed contract.

I am trying to get this software. A dialog tells me it will be ready to launch in 7 hours. This changes all the time from a few minutes to several hours. What a mess.

That is what Maximo was saying a month ago. I don't think that is what is going to happen now Adobe is running the show.

Reading this Blog

http://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/unlocking-the-power-of-3d-for-the-creative-community/

Fuse will be incorporated into Photoshop CC. Their pay per month product.

I don't think we will see any updates for Fuse until it's in Photoshop and then it won't be free.

Funny, I thought Adobe was dropping their subscription-ware system. My former graphic design teacher said she got an e-mail from them saying they would a few months ago.

Downloading FUSE right now. If their "Freedium market" still exists (Which I think still does), I'm just gonna use it to play around in.

It's fun to play around in it, you get that the sims feeling when you customize the characters.

I seriously doubt I will use the fuse characters in my projects tho.

BTW if you would would use the free auto rigs on a custom character you made in a 3d software like Maya, blender 3ds Max then you wouldn't be allowed to sell it as an asset right?

You can however export your model into Blender ( or other animation program ) and animate it yourself.

now >> Unlimited Free FUSE Auto-Rigs

I think this is also for the free version and free I hope it means nothing to pay for it.

I am downloading FUSE at the moment and AVAST recogizes a virus, I hope it is a false alarm.

now >> Unlimited Free FUSE Auto-Rigs

I think this is also for the free version and free I hope it means nothing to pay for it.

I am downloading FUSE at the moment and AVAST recogizes a virus, I hope it is a false alarm.

The auto-rigs are free but you have to pay for animations of your character. You do get 20 free and a test pack of animations which doesn't last long.

You can't get anymore until Adobe has completely taken over and released its new pricing.

You can't get anymore until Adobe has completely taken over and released its new pricing.

And people thought mixamo's prices were high - just wait for the freak out that is going to happen when they see Adobe prices.

I tried out some of the animations, I had noticed that for example the walk animation is different as I normaly have used animations.

The walk animations covers a distance, I mean the models moves along a path inside the animation.

Normaly an animation sequence like a walking sequence walks on the place and with functions like Entity::Move(0,0,0.2) the Entity will be

moved inside the scene.

Or am I not up to date how animations will be handled at the moment.

Have a good luck at this topic

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/10369-fuse-software-from-mixamo/

You have to constrain the animation root node.

I used Ultimate Unwrap to do it this way

If anyone else needs it basically load the model, click on Bones in the tab on the right, double click mixamorig:hips.

Then in the Bone Editor click edit P, click copy all, unclick x and z, paste all.

Some one recommened BVHacker.

I tried their auto rigger and animations and I got like a million fbx's that don't do anything. There are no bones/animations when I import it to blender. Anyone have an idea what I can be doing wrong?

I use Fragmotion but I have some problems with file converting, Fragmotion did have a problem with most .fbx files.

I try to use BVHacker but got a bluesreen, I have not often seen a bluescreen on my system.

I downloaded the .fbx with the model and the Packed.zip with the model and all animations inside.

The downloaded models with one animation sequence worked with Blender, but it loades not automatically the texture and I'm not a Blender user to fix this without tutorial (YouTube).

Possibly the best is making the stuff myself with lower quality.