Good software for Texturing characters?

DatSexyGrid

When it comes to texturing i really don't like blender.

Any good softwares people would recommend for texturing 3D assets like game characters?

i have heard good things about 3d coat is that something you guys would recommend as a texture tool?

Ignore my silly nick

In terms of texturing, I like 3D-Coat and Substance Designer best, they're kind of expensive, but they offer you unlimited amounts of possibilities in texturing.

If you're looking for free software, sculptris is a very good starting point, and from there you could move on to either Zbrush or 3D-Coat.

I normally use Blender for almost Everything.

i do use blender for almost everything but not texturing atm, blender do have a addon "zero brush" who make the texturing in blender more pleasant.

In terms of texturing, I like 3D-Coat and Substance Designer best, they're kind of expensive, but they offer you unlimited amounts of possibilities in texturing.

If you're looking for free software, sculptris is a very good starting point, and from there you could move on to either Zbrush or 3D-Coat.

sculptris seemed to miss some features i feel i need like texture layers, or am i just bad and don't find how to add new texture layers?

i do own the steam license of substance painter and had my eye on designer & 3dcoat.

But if they bring greater possibilities in texturing they could be worth the big cost, sometimes you have to spend money on your hobbies :-)

i wish free software would be as good as these costy softwares too bad it's mostly not the case:P

Ignore my silly nick

I did some texturing in Blender after watching a tutorial about 6 times, but after a couple of weeks I forget how it worked. They are trying to make Blender more user friendly but its an uphill struggle.Shame, as its pretty good.

• Upvote 1

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

I did some texturing in Blender after watching a tutorial about 6 times, but after a couple of weeks I forget how it worked. They are trying to make Blender more user friendly but its an uphill struggle.Shame, as its pretty good.

Yeah this is pretty much the reason why im looking for other tools that may fit better:P

it's a shame i really wanna like the texturing part of blender because i love the rest of the software but i just can't

Ignore my silly nick

• 2 weeks later...

You could aswell use gimp and blender

I just watched the video and taought I will put it here

sry, im not sure i understand, when did he use gimp in that video?

But I guess your point is that you can texture the uvmaps in gimp quite well.

Ignore my silly nick