Light Help Please

zack57

I am trying to get the light or lights close to right. Any ideas what I can do? I have tried Point Light, Directional Light and a Spot Light tried to adjusting the Properties but can't get close to right lighting for this room. when I tried the Directional Light I adjusting the Range but seem to me it go the the other room then just this this room. So I tried the Point Light but it gets to bright or it is to dark in the corners.

In both of these Pictures I just used the Directional Light so the pictures would not be dark.

LURagvO.jpg

LURagvO.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------

Building Game is easier with :) LeadWerks :)!

-----------------------------------------------------------

NO to Windows 8 and 10 no way I am going to use them at all!!!!

I think directional light is supposed to be the sun and not room lighting.Point and spot can be adjusted under properties/Appearance.

Make sure the light is actualy in the room. Sometimes its position is deceptive.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

Have a read of this article. It not specific to Leadwerks but a generic introduction to using lighting in your scenes.

http://www.worldofleveldesign.com/categories/wold-members-tutorials/magnar_jenssen/functional-lighting-magnar-jenssen.php

The rest of the site has heaps of information for game level designers. Well worth the time to read.

Hope this helps.