Is there a way to publish a game as a standalone without having to have OpenAL installed on the computer running the game? I want to submit a game to a game contest my school has, but it needs to be able to run just with the standard windows applications (like I send a .zip folder and they can just run the .exe file)

No, but you can make an installer that silently installs OpenAL. A lot of game installers do this.

It MIGHT be possible to just put OpenAL.dll in your game's directory, but that might not work on some machines.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I tried just adding the .dll's--didn't work for me. I just included the installed in a "Utilities" folder if needed (which obviously doesn't help in your case). Yeah, was just planning on having the installer do it once I have one set up...

--"There is no spoon"

Sounds like you're out of luck. As far as I know most schools have admin lock that prevents users from installing any software so putting the OpenAL DLL in Windows system folder is not possible.

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)

No, but you can make an installer that silently installs OpenAL. A lot of game installers do this.

It MIGHT be possible to just put OpenAL.dll in your game's directory, but that might not work on some machines.

How would I have it silently launch OpenAL? The computers that are judging the games have admin rights so it should be able to install it, I just would need it so when you click the .exe file it opens the game as well as installing OpenAL

• 1 month later...