Better HUD

YouGroove

I made some shield HUD bar that recharges when you are not hit after some time, but it looks rather basic unsure.png

Does someone made better ones for their games using a better technique like using some 3D plane or some shader UV shifting a texture ?

post-3271-0-70323700-1435184730_thumb.jpg

Stop toying and make games

Thanks.

It is mainly shader code snippets, im' not super shader coder, if someone have this or another exemple code it would be more usefull for non coders.

I think more about the ability to have a HUD bar container as a mask and the HUD bar itself beeing a simple texture scrolling shifting UV.

Borderlands2-2012-09-23-20-26-57-84-1024x576.jpg

I remember I had to only add like two lines into drawimage shader and then through the scrip I could send this shader a parameter to cut this image by 50% when I have 50% health. But I guess after update this shader was replaced and I can't find it now. Just do what macklebee told in this thread.

Yes macklebee seems the better solution specially allowing a tileable texture that should look lot better.

Finally i find other solutions :

- Like Dead Space having life bar incorporated in the armor like some 3D glowing segments , the more life you have , more segments are glowing

- 3D planes on top or on side vertically of the player with a shifting UV texture displaying , they would only be displayed when you are hit or when your shield is regenrating

- 3D armor texture damage : the more damaged you are the more the armor texture is altered , it could be a special shader blending some textures

- 3D spark particles : the more energy sparks are visible, the more your character is damaged , and sparks turning from blue to some dark blue and yellow color would mean only another small damage is allowed

I find these instant feedback solutions are better for a TPS game as you have instant feedback without needing to look upper screen for health bars.