More Overlay - type Shaders please

Slastraf

It would be very nice if there are Shaders like this: http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/14350/shader-effect-similar-to-metro-2033-gasmask

Or just more shaders that make your game look more realistic considering these kind of shaders.

In the example of the link there are parts that can be set up just like the blood overlay in the fpsplayer but I dont want to learn all basics of shading integration into leadwerks for months just to import a (kind of)

simple shader that just makes the Mask effect.

I posted an attempt of mine here ( exapmle ), use it freely.

post-12189-0-11859100-1435405128_thumb.jpeg

post-12189-0-37274900-1435405816_thumb.jpg

You can just use drawimage with these pictures you just posted.

They might need to alpha transparent.

I finished that just now, but they are just the 2d Images that dont interact with the world. What would be nice to see is a thing like that : http://techreport.com/r.x/source-engine/multiple-effects.jpg So it looks like there is freezed water or smoke onthe glass and rain things

Those are just model shaders with some animated normalmap and cubemap reflection, not posteffect/camera/overlay filters. (Maybe I dont get it smile.png )

I can not explain it very good, so here I found a random metro video:

Notice here the fuzz around the corners of the screen.. There is the broken glass overlay somwhere in the mid that is noticed and the fuzz in the corners. Can this both be somehow done with the overlay or does the fuzz need a shader?

Here are a couple of screen space distortion shaders: 'edge_distortion.shader' and 'frostedglass.shader'. The edge_distortion shader is probably faster but the frostedglass shader gives more variance in the distortion. They both essentially do the same thing by just offsetting the rendered scene's pixels based on a texture you provide to set the effect's edges (like the 'lensdirt.jpeg' above in the OP).

To Use:

- Unzip the SSDistortion.zip file into the Shaders/PostEffects folder

- Add the lua file to the Editor's scene's root

SSDistortion.zip

post-14-0-18410400-1435555390_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 6

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel