Summer Games Deadline

Well, it doesn't look like I am going to make the July 19 deadline...I ran into so many problems with vegetation, water, terrain and keeping FPS up, that I only have a walk through demo...I wanted to do the Tropical Island with skeletons and swords....Vegetation seems to be the main problem with the FPS drop...Lots of hours at work has also cut way back on development time...Maybe I can get it finished for the Winter Games Tournament...haha...

I had various issues with Leadwerks too (post effects not working, still can't figure out how to get glow to work since there's no documentation for the emissive shader, etc.). Was easier to just drop it than to keep fighting it.

One day we'll have an engine where you can just write code and supply content and things will just work.

I had various issues with Leadwerks too (post effects not working, still can't figure out how to get glow to work since there's no documentation for the emissive shader, etc.). Was easier to just drop it than to keep fighting it.

One day we'll have an engine where you can just write code and supply content and things will just work.

For the glow/emission shader - open the shader in the Shader Editor and look at what is commented in the code:

#version 400

#define BFN_ENABLED 1

//Uniforms

uniform sampler2D texture0;//diffuse map

uniform sampler2D texture1;//normal map

uniform sampler2D texture4;//emission map

uniform vec4 materialcolorspecular;

• Upvote 1

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Gamecreator, Most of Vectronic's textures use glow/emission stuff, plus a modified version of it so it can change the glow color. What's the issue? If you need any help with glow/emission stuff, feel free to ask.

Meh, I was working on something too, but the project was not to my standards. Besides, what I did/doing instead will help Vectronic and possibly many others when it's done, so it's a better trade off in my opinion. But here's a screenshot. Notice the non-original content.

cannedproject.png

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!