Water Pools?

RygtY

I know right now we have a universal water height variable. but what if I want to create a scene that has a dunk pool in it like the ones you would find in a carnival or fair?

As far as I know there is no way to make this happen given what Leadwerks has at the moment.

How about just using a model.

Something like this.

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/obj-paddling-pool-water/922780

Not free but you get the idea.

Ok perhaps I should've elaborated some more.

The Source Engine's Hammer editor allows map makers to create a cube of water. This allows for the map maker to create bodies of water ranging from oceans to rivers to swimming pools. Said swimming pools might be located at different heights as well.

As far as I know Leadwerks can't do this yet.

So the real question is how to apply the water shader to a geometry. Yeah, that's on my "To-do" list as I want contained goo pits in my game. I have no idea how the water plane reads the texture, and the shader looks confusing. My only theory is that the engine makes a new material, applies it on a plane, and releases the material. It would be nice to have a .mat file of water for situations like this if that's the case.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

So the real question is how to apply the water shader to a geometry. Yeah, that's on my "To-do" list as I want contained goo pits in my game. I have no idea how the water plane reads the texture, and the shader looks confusing. My only theory is that the engine makes a new material, applies it on a plane, and releases the material. It would be nice to have a .mat file of water for situations like this if that's the case.

Don't forget the physics. In addition to looking like water, things must float on top of it as well.