Visual Studio 2015 Compatibility

reepblue

Without VS2013 installed, only Visual Studio 2015 (v140) and Visual Studio 2015 - Windows XP (v140_xp) are the only options under Platform Toolset. Is there a way to install just the needed toolset from the installer, don't wish to have two IDEs installed if I don't need too.

Whoops, I guess not. Still any information of this being soon, someday, or never would be nice.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

Thank you for the answer. I understand that only true nerds care about what version of IDE they use, but I figure I'll ask in-case someone down the road has a similar question. I might need VS2013 still anyway due to some ties I still have left with the Source Engine.

I'll still try the toolset solution that Roland suggested because why not? I just gotta hope it does not fail to install something like it has the last two times.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

Compiled on VS2015 using Toolset VS2013

You have to have VS2013 installed, but once done that you can forget it.

post-395-0-60957400-1438841996_thumb.png

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Tutorials, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1> App.cpp
1> main.cpp
1>	 Creating library G:\LE\Tutorials\Projects\Windows\..\..\Tutorials.lib and object G:\LE\Tutorials\Projects\Windows\..\..\Tutorials.exp
1> Tutorials.vcxproj -> G:\LE\Tutorials\Projects\Windows\..\..\Tutorials.exe
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

AV MX Linux

Basically, I can't make a change unless I am simultaneously rolling out a big benefit. So it's best to do this right before a major release. Otherwise the reaction is "oh great things stopped working for no reason".

• Upvote 2

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 7 months later...