Any one uses another LUA IDE ?

Roland

I'm using Emacs. With settings that I've made, I have the following features:

• Auto-complete. I've added a custom-made dictionary file with LE classes and methods.
  • Lua snippeting. I've made several snippeting templates - for generic loops, method definitions, etc.
  • Syntax highlighting and auto-indentation. The latter is very, very useful: it's enforced and you can easily detect missing construct parts.
  • On the fly syntax error checking - so that even before running a LE game, I can tell if there is anything obviously wrong with my code.

Plus, in the opposite window, I'm always keeping open a Lua console, so I can easily test various LUA constructs I'm not sure about.

• Upvote 2

Emacs has quite steep learning curve. I've been using it for various purposes for years now. If you want some quick and decent solution, I can only recommend Atom.io

It's a modular editor based on package system. There is a nice package for Lua (you install it from the editor) which does syntax highlighting and auto-indentation. There are also packages for auto-completion and similar programming necessities.

• Upvote 1

I've not tried it yet but Microsoft released "Visual Studio Code", a free cross platform code editor. Looks pretty slick. https://code.visualstudio.com/

Also look at Josh's blog about it: http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/blog/1/entry-1459-using-visual-studio-code-with-leadwerks/

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel