Object Classes To Be Dragged and Dropped In

reepblue

I've been experimenting with dragging and dropping pivots with scripts already attached to them. It worked out really well minus the dialog box showing up when you edit the object. I then just created all the Leadwerks objects one by one and saved them to prefabs, and seems to be faster and easier than the traditional way.

Decals and Point lights benefit the most from this method. I've attached my prefabs to give you an idea what I mean. Again, only downside to this is that dialog box.

Maybe in the future have all the objects on the left sidebar and if the user holds down on the button/icon, then drags from the button to the scene, the object will be dropped in. If it's just clicked, then it would act like it does now.

ObjectPrefabs.zip

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

Yeah, I considered doing it this way when I was designing Leadwerks. The reason I didn't is I was worried people would accidentally delete the base prefabs.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Not saying they should be prefabs, but mainly a working functional way with-in the editor. Maybe you can have a similar format as pfb, but they auto break their instance on creation. Store these in the steamapp folder and have the editor read the files from that directory instead of the users game.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!